Chest pain for about a week

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello,

I'm 24 years old and have anxiety and depression. I recently switched medication for my anxiety and depression which made symptoms worse along with chest pain. My doctor switched me back to my old medication and I have an appointment with her this friday. The reason i'm posting this is because this chest pain wont go away. I tried to work out and I almost passed out. I feel winded sometimes walking up and down the stairs or doing moderate activity where i feel weak and nauseas while having chest pain. My doctor just brushed off the chest pain, but its really concerning to me.

I tried over the counter anti inflamatories and its not getting better. I notice when I bend down it hurts worse but other than that my chest pain is constant.

Any suggestions of what this chest pain could be or what I should tell my doctore so she knows its something I am worried about. She didnt seem worried at all about me almost passing out or chest pain, probably just brushing it off as my anxiety and depression.

Thanks for the help!

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Have you had a chest ex Ray.,do you smoke.  If so have you had a spidomatry test? Have you been tested for acid reflux? What has your dr done?
    • Posted

We are talking about a family dr and not a shrink right?  If this is your family dr I suggest you find a new one interview a few a few dozen if you have to.  For the mean time try what you can do for yourself take a nasad like eleve get a heating pad you can put in the microwave there about six bucks at the pharmacy use it 2 or three times a day.  Also get a bottle of antacids like tums take 1 with every meal.  Don,t forget to keep you dr informed and if he won't do some tests you will fire him.

• Posted

it is a family doctor. Thank you! I tried ib nothig worked, I also took this medicine for panic attacks and that didnt work. Im getting worried. Ill try the heating pad and see if that helps. I tried prilosec yesterday because my mom suggested acid reflux. but i dont know if that medicine works right away or not. it didnt work either.

Thanks so much for your help

• Posted

You have to give these medicines time to work, keep excercizing, eat right etc..it may take months for the pain to go away till your dr gets off his duff and does his job.  Keep in touch and use the heating pad as much as you like also try message it's very relaxing and will give you a break from the pain..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.