Chest Pain for over 3 moths

Posted , 1 user is following.

I am a 25 year old female and for the last 3 or 4 months now I've been experiencing chest pain and discomfort almost daily. I have a history of panic attacks and started having them more regularly after this chest pain wouldn't go away and became more severe. I went to the hospital twice with panic attacks and they have ran multiple tests on my heart such as : EKG at the hospital and also a 48 hour take home heart monitor, extensive blood tests, xrays, ct scan of my chest ect. everything has come back completely normal and my blood work is almost perfect. I was given ativan and told to contact my doctor and go from there. My doctor also agreed that it doesn't appear to be my heart and put me on Famotidine to see if maybe this was a GERD problem. the famotidine did not help and my doctor suggested that is might just be anxiety and put me on buspirone I have been on it for about 3 weeks now and I do feel overall less anxious however the chest pain persists.

I am a pretty active person and since I started worrying about my heart I started taking even better care of myself doing daily cardio and eating really clean, practicing yoga and meditation as well as journaling and speaking to a therapist. There are some days where I feel I might be doing okay but then I get hit with this dull but sudden sort of "tugging" feeling on my heart, It feels like there's this general weight, pressure and tightness on my chest and it almost feels like my heart is tired and sore if that makes any sense. I know that I'm healthy and my life is not in danger but I just don't know how I can keep living with this constant pain and and discomfort. I also know that anxiety symptoms can sometimes feel very real but I can't help but feel like I wasn't all that anxious until this pain started.

The pain is also worse at night and wakes me up out of my sleep sometimes.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.