Chest Pain for over 6 months

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have been having chest pain for over 6 months.

These pain used to come and go, but for the last 3 months are constant.

The pain can been described as stabbing pain in the mid chest and left side of chest. Also, sometimes can be felt in my upper back and radiating to left arm. I will have attacks where I have severe pain upon inhalation as well. The pain is so severe that it is unbearable. Sometime when I change positions or move I can feel the pain in my chest. For example, if i am laying down and trying to get up, I feel like someone is sitting on my chest. These attacks are associated with shortness of breathe and chronic headaches. The headaches can be described as if my head is going to explode. I have had occasional nights where I wake up grasping for air as well.

I would like to add that I have been diagnosed with High blood pressure which I am taking medication. As well, I was diagnosed with high cholesterol which I am trying to get under under control through diet, exercise, and medication.

I have been to the ER multiple times and they have found nothing. Have had blood tests, ECG, X rays, but nothing abnormal found.

Eventually referred to a Cardiologist who did a stress test on me and was concluded normal. The doctor suspects my pain is angina and had prescribed me beta blocker which gave me extreme shortness of breathe and was forced to stop. 

I am a 27 year old male. I occasionally drink alcohol and am an ex smoker. I had smoked for a couple years before quitting a year ago. 

I would like to get some feedback from people on the forum who may have had similar symptoms. My doctor says in could be angina, but iv done some research and am confused how my pain upon inhalation, movement, and pressing against my chest could be related to angina.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I am experiencing similar symptoms, chest pains upon movements, constant dizziness, mild muscle weakness and no shortness of breath but recurrent flu. The surprising thing is that i dont feel any of these pains when am exercising or when climbing a mountain or going up a staircase. All tests are normal, both pathological and radiological tests. I have seen cardiologists and a number of GPs. All rule out the heart problem. The family GP has told me to redo cardiac enzyme tests in a months time to be sure the pain is not heart related. so am just waiting for that time. We need to keep pushing these drs until we know what is wrong with us. some could tell me that i cant have a heart disease because am young (34), but you never know.

i will let you know what happens.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.