Chest pain for several months

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hello,

Hoping for some guidance / help as have been experiencing chest pain coming up to 5 months now. It all started when i had a clot in my leg and the day after diagnosis the chest pain started. It felt like a tightness/ pressure on the chest and has continued every day since. The pain is all over my chest, although at times it can just be on my sternum.

Initially the hospital said it was down to a clot in my lungs, but a subsequent scan a couple of weeks later said there weren't any clots - although whether it dissolved in those few weeks i do not know.

Have had numerous tests over the past few months- ECG, heart ultrasound, heart scan and all have come back normal. My GP has even changed my blood thinning medication 3 times, but still the pain persists.

oh and in the past 6 or 7 weeks i now get daily tension type headaches.

my gp now says it could be inflammation / costochronditis in chest, but as yet, no one can give me an accurate diagnosis. This is not helping my mental health and unfortunately my anxiety levels are very high.

has anyone else had similar pain for many months and if so, what did you do to help with symptoms or diagnosis. at my wits end at the moment and just want to feel that this will get better.

Thank you.

Tom

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.