Chest Pain! Help

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hey guys. I'm having some chest pain that's making me really anxious. So, it's like in the middle of my chest. Close to my heart. And sometimes it feels like the pain is crawling up my neck and also around my collar bone. It's like a dull, sharp pain if that makes sense? I read online that those could be symtpoms of a heart attack, so now I'm scared. I've had this chest pain on and off for a few days. I can barely feel any pain when I walk around though. It's mainly when I'm sitting.

I went to the hospital about 2 months ago where they did bloodwork, EKG, and chest ray, and everything came back normal. I also went to my primary a few days ago where they did bloodwork, but I think they were testing for anemia. Which turns out I'm still anemic. My doctors tell me I shouldn't worry, and that it's just anxiety. But I cant help but worry.

I've been good for a few days in a row now which is unusual lately, but this chest pain has me worried.

It's always something causing my anxiety. Whether it be heart palps, weird breathing, and now this chest pain that really concentrated at the center of my chest.

Any suggestions? Or does anyone else have concentrated center chest pain with anxiety?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi I am suffering from near enough the exact same problem been to hospital tonight esg, bloods and x Ray all came back normal but I still have this bad chest pain right in the middle and my arms are starting to feel dead I’m really scared but the doctor said I was fine everything came back normal, did you find anything out about what was causing yours? 
    • Posted

Possibly acid reflux. Or just anxiety. It's mostly gone now, thank goodness. I'm sorry you are going through the same. It's pretty scary. I want to believe the doctors but in so scared they missed something.

• Posted

My wife under similar circumstances was told that 55% of patients coming to A&E with chest pain are not suffering from heart problems and was discharged after an overnight stay. She went to her GP two days later and he correctly diagnosed a duodenal ulcer.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.