Chest pain, hiccup, burping, chest pressure, bloating, anxiety

Posted , 2 users are following.

I was diagnosed a year ago, after a million visits over 7 months, with Helicobacter Pylori and a hiatal hernia. At the time I had only strong nausea, vertigo and throwing up. I was prescribed antibiotics and PPI. Nausea slowly disminished and after the antibiotics course the Helicobacter was eradicated.

About 2 weeks after the therapy I had extreme tachycardia and chest pain with short breath, continuous burping and hiccups, pain would travel to my jaw, neck and shoulders, as well as bloating and a feeling of pressure in my chest. I thought I was having a heart attack and went to the emergency room. They thought it might be anxiety and advised me to see a cardiologist. Cardiologist visit says my heart is fine and prescribed Magnesium.

Symptoms continued unchanged, I started having sleep trouble where when I would drift off, I was suddenly waken by palpitations and fear in my gut. I started to have crisis where my chest would sink and it felt like my blood was rushing from my chest down to my feet, followed by heat palpitations and fear. In time they got more and more frequent especially after eating. Kept doing visits blood work, scans everything was fine except that my intestine was weirdly full.

Went to the pharmacy to ask for something to help with the debilitating anxiety I felt but didn't want antidepressants or anything, just something natural. The pharmacist was an intestine expert and she said that she'd seen many people feeling like that after Helicobacteria and the problem was my intestinal flora. I made a microbiomial test (stool test) that showed and imbalance. She prescribed probiotics plus 2 natural supplements to help heal the stomach, oregano powder and a stool softener for constipation.

After 2 weeks I felt A LOT better, anxiety decreased basically to 0 and chest pain was only sporadic, bowel movements improved. After 1 month the therapy changed to increase stomach acidity, with less probiotics and a fermented product called Microsan. Well I went back to the start, chest pain anxiety trouble sleeping crisis, stomach burning. She advised me to go to a gastroenterologist again and I went. He prescribed me PPI for 1 month and a stronger probiotic for 2 weeks. First two weeks symptoms improved, after stopping probiotics for 5 days I got increasingly worse and started taking it again. Now I still feel terrible, with this awful feeling like I'm about to die. This has been the worst year of my life, I am at the end of my tether. Do any of you have experienced something similar? Do you have some advice? I feel scared and alone, my husband is there for me but it's been over a year, we're both tired.... I'm 27 and vegan, I do not drink, but I smoke 4 sigarettes or so a day trying to stop.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi - I understand your frustration. I have been having similar issues although my problem started 1.5 months ago. I am now in the process of testing for H Pylori. One thing i discovered though is that only after 2 initial weeks of being on PPI and stopping, the symptoms aggravated exponentially. I also found out that it takes the body a couple of months to normalize the stomach after an initial crazy acid reaction when you stop PPI treatment which creates a vicious and painful circle when under treatment.

Some of the side effects of overly increased acidity in the stomach is muscle pain in other parts of the body. This on top of the PPIs side effects will drive you crazy... I am feeling it every day.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.