Chest pain lasting for 3 months

Posted , 3 users are following.

Ok so, I’m 17. I guess I should start by saying I have OCD, Anxiety Disorder, Depression, and Hypochondria. This is important because of how it affects me when I have symptoms. I have been having chest pain that is usually a pressure/dull pain in the lower center of my chest. It can be sharp. It can also be on the left side of my chest. It can hurt for very long periods of time. When I focus on it and I’m nervous about it, it hurts way worse. It‘s just so random. I go to a cardiologist because I have a harmless heart murmur and I saw him in November the day after this started this started. He said I was fine. I am so so so scared I have some kind of heart related ailment. Like angina or a heart attack. I went to a general practition they believe I have costochondritis. Which I believe sometimes but it’s not tender when I press on my chest. It’s driving me insane. I have daily panic attacks thinking I’m gonna die. I have become obsessed with heart health and everything because I’m so scared I’m gonna die. Please help. Ask me any questions you like. Thank you for reading this.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I’m sorry about the typing mistakes by the way. Also I forgot to mention this has been lasting for 3  months.
  • Posted

Hi zachary76397...how u doing otherwise; have to find some humor in things...do you have a friend or a hobby/interest that you can get involved with because most of the time that's what we need to do to save our sanity from dwelling and obsessing on certain things...and once we see we feel okay when we're with our friends/family or hobbies/interests we realize we're really okay physically and that we're probably just really sensitive to our every physical sensation that we think is there. also, our physical sensations/symptoms get blown out proportion because todays society/world focuses on medications and medical ailments as well as psychiatric conditions.  I understand what you're talking about and I have panic too but it's because certain doctors made me think certain condtions can kill you when actually they don't and can't...our bodies are pretty remarkable when it comes to healing itself.  They know not what they do to people when they put commercials on TV on the heart, depression, anxiety, it causes symptoms related to every medical condition known.  I strongly suggest you try and find a friend/family or hobby/interests, exercising, music, anything other than your body...one question is this:  is the ocd repetitive checking or obsessing about things in general or other...people use ocd for a lot of different reasons so just curious...to stop obsessing you have to first see that you're obsessing and then tell yourself out loud or inside to stop obsessing and think about something else and soon you will be diverted to another topic or you can focus on taste, touching something, looking at something, using all your senses to divert your attention elsewhere..it takes a lot of practice, but it helps and can alleviate some anxiety hopefully...Good luck zachary; you'll be fine once you realize you don't feel these things (pain) when you're doing something else or with someone having fun...and if you still have this pain; how about getting a second opinion and remember sometimes we get pain and there is no known cause, but it goes away eventually...we all have insecurities about death/dying; fear etc; talk to a friend or someone you feel close to...you'll be fine and try changing your daily routines when you can...smile

• Posted

My OCD is obsession over things also germ phobia. Thank you for your response. I have a girlfriend that I love very much and she tells me I’m fine all the time but I still go crazy. I know deep down I’m fine but it’s just so hard to believe somethimes. Having a heart attack is like my worst fear so that’s why I am so scared. My health/sickness anxiety is very very very bad. Occupying myself with activities usually makes the pain better but sometimes it doesn’t. I just need to talk to someone who is trained to make a freak like me calm down. I tire my parents and girlfriend with asking for reassurance. I’m sure they get tired of it. I just don’t know what else to do.
    • Posted

Hi I know this was a while back but I’m so sorry to hear what Uve Been going through I know first hand because I’ve been going through the same and have left side chest pain it’s driving me crazy and ruining my life I’ve been cleared by cardio but I’m not sure please let me know how are you now? Did u get any answers? 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.