Posted , 2 users are following.
I've had intermittent chest pain since Nov 2017, I can describe the pain as dull aches/pressure/muscle tightness. It never stays in one spot, I usually only feel one spot at any given time. I uploaded a terrible pic of all the known spots. If I apply ice or heat to my chest I usually just don't feel it. If I'm exercising, I don't feel it, but like 30 minutes after exercise I can feel it. If I'm doing activities with others, I don't really feel it.
- One really weird thing, if I touch the chest area or neck area, I stop feeling it.
- Sometimes if I press on sternum or different parts of my chest it feels tender, but not always
- I used to lift weights (for 10 years), but this year I've significantly reduced my weight lifting (which has been frustrating to do)
- I've had a cough most of my life, it got alittle worse after I quit smoking marijuana a year ago, but its gotten better.
- I've taken all different types of pain relievers, not sure if they are even working or not.
During Nov 2017, I saw my PCP, they took an xray (normal), did an EKG (normal). Prior to this in July I had a normal blood test. I had a physical this year, blood work was all normal (in july).
- I was tested for asthma, it came back negative. (however someone told me I wasn't tested for asthmaproperly - they only checked if my first breathing test was normal, instead of seeing if I had better lung function with an inhaler)
- I've never been tested for allergies, but it is likely I have some allergies.
- I saw blood (fairly small amount, have to really look closely) in my spit (with and without coughing). Told my doctor, he wasn't concerned. Saw an ENT, they weren't concerned. Consulted another physcian (friend), wasn't concerned with the amount/consistency (happened like 4/5 of times I think between 2017-2018)
- I've taken acid reflux medication for near 2 years, never had heart burn prior, not sure why it was recommended. I am currently trying to ween off of it. These meds don't help this problem, however I've noticed if i abruptly stop taking them I feel burning in my stomach.
I've seen an ENT 4/5 times between 2017-2018, they've put a scope down my throat and seen nothing except signs of rhinitis and turbinate hypertrophy.
In 2017 I saw a sports medicine doctor, he said I had costochondritis. He was pressing on middle of chest and it hurt, however this went away, but above symptoms never went away (sometimes my chest is tender tho, not all the time)
I'm concerned it's something worse (I worry a lot about my health), any ideas or suggestions would help?
0 likes, 12 replies