chest pain on and off, lightheaded, vision strange

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi, I have been getting chest pains, and lightheaded, vision strange for last few months. When I'm busy it goes, when think about it it less! Dr said I have acid reflux, got tablets but helps bit but still pains. I can't sleep or relax. I need help as it's effecting my life, sometimes I feel like I want to die cos it's really annoying me. My heart is all fine etc. Had tests! I'm getting married and happy with life as nothing depressing me. Why is that pain effecting me. I nerd help pls anyone going thru the same as how to stop it. I keep Googling for symptoms but don't know what is it.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi There

Sorry to hear about what your going through . Sounds like it could be a whole host of things ...maybe ask your Dr to check for sinues or costochondritis ...I am not a Dr but I would start with asking your GP to help you figure this out .

Hope you feel better soon

• Posted

Thanks for comment, well I been to Dr and had ECG test, blood test, Chest X-ray last year, all went fine. This year I went bk to Dr and he said nothing wrong with my heart, so gave me stronger tablets for reflux. Bur still doesn't help. My missus thinks it's my head, the more I worry or think about the pain it comes back. She thinks I need therapy! But I feel really stress over it. Just want a normal life like I used to without any pain in my chest. Lightheaded etc
    • Posted

I know how you feel and again sorry you are going thru this ..there are endless possiblities ...for your chest maybe ask your GP about Costochondritis ...and the lightheadedness could be sinuses and also could be anxiety ...I also suffer from bouts of lightheadedness and they never found out why so they said could be anything but nothing serious ...not that that helps me .

Again I am no Dr but I have suffered with chronic pain for so many years and I just keep going back till finaly they told me I have costochondirites and fybro ...along with thyroid and muscle issues ...and anxiety so that doesnt help ...I hope you feel better soon ...

• Posted

Understand what ur saying ... I will have a word with the Dr as they can't see inside my body.. as I know my own body as things r not right lately.. it's not me! U know.

Just wish I could go in a MRI and they can find what's the problem is. But nhs can't afford it so we have to suffer till summat real bad happen then they do summat! I keep telling myself it's not serious but those demons inside me keeps saying yes I'm dying etc know what I mean. Its horrible

• Posted

I understand how you feel ..I have visited there to many times and still do sometimes...the issue with costo is that x-ray cannot pick it up most of the time the only way to rule it is by ruling out everything else...it is not in your head ...

Health care is so expensive and it is to bad that ppl like us who suffer from this always get the "well maybe it is in your head or I dont know " from the DR...but I pushed till I found a Dr who would listen and I still push when I dont feel they are taking me seriously ...If you have had all the cardiac work done up and know it is not your heart then maybe you and your GP have to go other roots maybe a rhumatologist or pain management clinic...would help ...I am NO Dr.....but hopefully you find some relief soon

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.