Chest pain & Shortness of breath

Posted , 4 users are following.

For the last week I have been having mild chest pain (left side near armpit area mostly) and am having a hard time getting a good deep breath. I also have pain in my upper abdomen. I had a stent put in my widow maker almost 2 years ago, so as you can imagine I worry over the slightest thing. I've been trying to call my cardiologist but just get the answering machine. Not sure what I should do. I went to the ER back in September for chest pain, but everything was fine. EKG, Stress Test....all good. I don't seem to have any other symptoms. Although, yesterday and today my entire rib cage hurts (front & back) I am a 49 yr old female. Otherwise good health, take my medications. Yes, I smoke but have cut back drastically since being told in September that I have the beginning of COPD. Thanks for any input. 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

By reading half way of what you wrote about the pain, my mind got into rib cage pain, then of course i read what you wrote about it..

the heart is located in the middle of the chest, slightly, very slightly to the left..the heart is the size of your fist...if you got pain near the armpit, it's probably a muscle injury, or any kind of rib pain.... I don't think you have to worry about anything heart related..... but of course I am not a doctor, so I do suggest visiting the doctor, not just calling him on the phone, there are plenty of tests that can be done.. you will feel way way way better when all these tests come out clean... smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.