Chest pain that has reoccurred over the past month. Can't find the source.

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello,

I am a 28 year old male, fairly active and in pretty good health. About a month ago I woke up with a mild chest pain that through out the day got progressively worse. I of course sought medical attention and went to the ER. They preformed an EKG, X-rays, and blood work. They were unable to find anything or address what was causing my chest pain. I was sent home, but sought the aid of a cardiologist. I set up an appointment and met with the cardiologist, I explained to him what was wrong and my previous visit to the ER. He explained that he didn't believe the pain was related to my heart, but to be on the safe side and know for sure he asked me to take a stress test (running on a treadmill), and for me to have an ultrasound preformed on my heart. I agreed, preformed both task, results claimed that everything way fine and that there wasn't anything currently wrong with my heart.

Well, without getting a solid answer from both the ER or my Cardiologist I chalk it up to Acid Reflux and called it a day. I did take Zantac for awhile and to some degree it helped. After about a week or two the pain became very minimum almost nonexistence. It wasn't until this Wednesday (10-12-18) that I woke up with similar pain in my chest again, I of course took a Zantac thinking that would relive the pain, but it didn't do much. The pain and panic, from the pain got a little out of hand so I went to the urgent care across the street from my place of work. They of course ran another EKG and claimed that my results were abnormal (to be honest they were having problems getting those tabs to stick to me, and the gentleman who was operating the machine seemed like he was having a hard time), I was told that I was having a cardiac event and that I needed to go to the ER, so off I went. The ER ran another EKG, X-rays, blood work, checked for possible blood clotting, and according to the ER staff everything came back normal and healthy outside of having low blood platelets (117 out of 150). I was told that they had tested for all major health issues and found nothing. I of course asked the doctor if they were able to rule out all the major issues then why am I still having chest pains? She chalked it up to I probably strained a muscle (which I haven't workout in weeks), could be stress or anxiety, but other than that she wasn't able to say what was causing my chest pains. I was written a prescription for Motrin and sent home.

It has been two days since I left the ER and I'm still getting mild chest pains, but the pain has moved to my back, left side, down to my abdomen, left side, and it either focuses in that location or moves to my left arm. Every now and then it'll come back to my chest or move to lower right portion of my abdomen. I honestly don't know what to do, or who to contact. I haven't been given a solid answer as to what the cause is and how to address it. I'm turning to the health forums in hopes that I can find an answer. If anyone has any useful information please pass it along, it would be greatly appreciated!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Sorry your feeling like this, I had the exact symptoms and had numerous tests ect docs made me feel like a hyperchondriac 😦 Anyway I went on the sick, docs said was stress and anxiety then dished out antidepressants which I didn't take, gradually I recovered just learnt to look after me, googled everything on the net, bad idea. Anyway now I'm on a small dose of antidepressant which helps with pain in low doses and gradually feeling more relaxed, I have never had any diagnosis either 🤔 anxiety is a b***h it can cause loads of medical symptoms. go back to the doctor and ask questions, all the best and try not to worry it's a vicious circle

• Posted

Im 16 and im having the exact same thing. The only difference is that it comes and goes. I also do tons of physical activity and im 185cm 70kg. I dont feel like i have anxiety, yes school stresses me out but nothing i havent lived through. I have no idea. it also sometimes moves to right above my left elbow. Im scared it might be my heart but i also went on a checkup and listened to it she said its fine. I also had this for about a month. Im brushing it off as my heart growing rapidly cause as i said i recently started doing lots of cardio activity.

• Posted

And the doc listened to it* i forgot to say that lol. For some reason cant edit so its gonna be like this.

• Posted

Costochondritis it's a muscular I think, can come and go

• Posted

Could be and i do hope it is. For the both of us. Tho mine is completely random, it could happen while sitting, just lying on my bed watching youtube, the only time i never feel it is when i do physical activity.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.