Chest pain through pleural thickening

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi everyone

I'm a woman of 55 and had it confirmed through a CT scan a couple of years ago that I have pleural thickening. There is a shadow on my lung but have been told that because of where it is positioned it shouldn't be caused by asbestos. I had previously been really poorly leading up to this with a very nasty cough and cold, which resulted in me passing out and being taken to hospital. This is when they then gave me an x-ray and a scan and found out about the pleural thickening. I was supposed to go to a follow up scan but unfortunately missed it because of work. The problem is that over the past couple of years I have really gone downhill health wise and I constantly get nasty pain on the right side of my chest. I have asked for advice from my GP regarding this but it seems to fall on deaf ears, especially with covid19 at the moment. I have to say, I'm quite worried as to how I'm feeling physically, I'm also tired all the time and not quite sure what to do. Any advice would be appreciated.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.