Chest pain - trapped air ?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello everyone ... this discomfort has occurred on very rare occasions throughout my adult life but recently it's been almost permanent. At one point I woke up in the middle of the night in some pain so went to see my GP ... he thought acid reflux (though, as I explained, I had none of the other symptoms, no heartburn etc just chest pain) he prescribed Lansoprazole which seemed to ease the problem for a couple of days but the pain came back in the early hours. Will the Lansoprazole CURE the problem or is it just a temporary treatment ? what has caused it in the first place -? I am a fit 68 year old healthy diet no life-style changes recently. He organised a ECG which I'm having later today but he thought it wasn't a heart problem. Any advice please ?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

sounds like silent reflux to me the medication helps but you need a life style change in diet eat healthy foods like fish chicken veg fruit no spicey foods or coffee or fizzy drinks dont eat late at night i have a snack about three hours before bed time raise you upper body higher in bed this helps stop reflux coming up you could also take GAVISCON LAST THING AT NIGHT

• Posted

i would say you to have an endescooy done to explore what the problem is as it sounds like gerd which is a common enough problem treated with proton pump inhibitors that helps to regulate stomach acid that leads to reflux

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.