Chest Pain, What's Going On?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I'm 16, female. Yesterday I started backing off of my Zoloft, with permission from the ARNP. So, instead of taking 50 mg at night and 50 mg in the morning, i'm halfing the pills for a full week (Eventually going to be getting off of it completely.) At school today I was doing a test in first period when the chest pain began (which means it began around 8 AM ish.) By second period, my chest was in immense pain. After about 30 minutes of second period (somewhere between 9:20 AM and 9:25 AM probably) The pain in my chest was starting to level off. I also should mention that my throat felt weird as well, kind of a dull burn. (Which made me think possibly acid reflux.) When I got out of second period, the immense pain was gone. But I'd get sudden twinges of pain. So I called my mother and she took me home. I got in the bed and fell asleep. I woke up, and there didn't seem to be any pain. I said something to my cat that was on the bed with me (I was laying down) and pain went up beside my left shoulder above the left breast (I'm pretty sure that's where your heart is located.) I got out of bed and it was still just the occasional stabbing pain that would come and go in 2 seconds. My mother brought me a sub sandwich, and every time swallowed a bite of food, there was intense pain as it went down my throat into my stomach. It's been about 8 hours since the chest pain initially began. My throat still feels weird, but it doesn't hurt. And as for my chest, it still feels strange, and I'm getting mild pains at different spots on my chest (in the center of the chest between the breast tissue, under the right breast tissue, beside the left shoulder above the left breast, etc.) Earlier, it hurt to take deep breaths. Now, it only hurts a little occasionally when I take a deep breath. Any ideas as to what could be going on?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I was running a low-grade fever.
  • Posted

Are you feeling any discomfort in your lungs? Heart problems are often felt in the central part of your chest like a squeezing or crushing pain, do you have anything like that?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.