Chest pain yesterday.

Posted , 2 users are following.

So, I had chest pain yesterday for a little while. It lasted from 6 am in the morning until the afternoon. I rested, took a nap and it went away and hasn't come back. It was on the upper right side of my chest. I did also get some pain in both sides in ribs, but not too much. It hurt when I pressed down and when I press on it a little, I can still feel some pain. When I don't I don't feel any pain. It also hurt when I breathed in deeply and moved around. The pain was mild. But I worry that it could be something worse. So I'm just wondering is the pain with a blood clot constant or can it come and go? And how bad is it? Like is the pain very severe?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I was diagnosed with multiple pulmonary emboli earlier this year and for me the pain would come and go. It doesn't hurt when you press it, it is deep. You get sharp stabbing pains, palpitations like your heart is beating through your chest, breathlessness, problems taking in a deep breath, a kind of burning sensation in your lungs, I also would get pin prick pains sometimes that would go into my armpits as well as my chest and back and a feeling sometimes someone had punched me really hard in the back.

If it hurts when you press it, it could be muscular or possibly costochondritis.

• Posted

Alright, thank you. Thats what I was concerned about. The isn't there now, only when I press on my chest I can feel it. And it didn't feel sharp or stabbing and I wasn't short of breath. I just get real concerned whenever I get these chest pains. Been happening ever since October of last year.

At first it was only on the right side and the pain did radiate to my jaw and whatnot. Went away after almost a whole month. Then it came back again in April after Easter. Felt pain in my shoulder and in the course of a week it started radiating to other surrounding areas. Left side of chest, right side, neck, jaw, shoulders, and upper back. Pain would last for hours like before and sometimes I would feel a startling like feeling in my chest. Last for a few weeks in April, went away in the beginning of May, then came back sometime again in the same month and went away in June.

Ever since June I haven't really had chest pains for a while. Sure, some pain that would last a few seconds but that was it. Still, I always make sure to try to keep an eye on it. And if something doesn't feel right I'll talk to my doctor or if I need to, the emergency room.

Thankfully I don't the pain anymore, only when I press on the spot I had it in.

• Posted

Did you have any accidents where you could have injured that area? Have you had a chest xray?

• Posted

Hey, sorry for the late reply. I think if anything its probably chest wall pain. I do still worry though, due to anxiety. It doesn't hurt so much anymore, only just a little bit. But I can also feel the same type of pain on the left side somewhat. The pain seems to come and go. Sometimes will last for a few minutes or sometimes a few hours. I also feel it on both sides of my ribs too. Still, the pain isn't bothersome and I'm able to ignore it. It hurts a little when I press on it and also hurts when I move sometimes. Like if I bend forwards I will feel some pain for a moment.

• Posted

Also, didn't have any accidents. I think it could just be costochondritis acting up again. At least I just hope its that. Dealt with that in 2016 and 3 months of this year at least. I'm also thinking it could maybe be a nerve pinch or muscle strain but not for sure.

• Posted

Okay, now I really don't know. I just felt a sharp pain in my side, like near my arm, almost underneath it. I can feel the chest pain right now and it still hurts when I press on it, but I don't know. Starting to get worried now.

• Posted

Okay, so I realized what cause the sharp, stabbing pain. I felt it again last night when laying on my left side. Realized it was my ribs hurting on my right side. I'm able to lie on my left side comfortably now, same with laying on the right side.

The pain underneath my breasts, right on my ribs seems to be constant and is hurting a little more than my chest. I also only feel pain on my right side now when I press on it. I can still feel it a little when not pressing, like I may think for a moment that the pain has gone away. The pain in my ribs is different. Hurts when I do press down, but can feel it more than the chest pain when not doing that.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.