Chest Pain Young Male help

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello,

I am a 20 year old male. Within the last three months I have had the following symptoms:

Tight chest

Random pains in my chest but more of an ache in the left side

Shortness of breath

The feeling of a lump in my throat

Ache and sometimes a tingling feeling in my left arm, but it is in different places e.g my bicep, forearm and wrist

When I wake aches in my legs sometimes

Dizziness and headaches but less so

I have been to the doctors a few times and I had an ecg at the start of the year and the only thing was a Right Branch Bundle Block, and more recently the doctor thought it could be Acid Reflux and I've been taking Omeprazole 20mg once a day however this hasn't made much of a difference. Also my blood test showed a higher than normal bilirubin. I am due a repeat blood test. In previous blood tests I have been shown as aneamic that has now stabilised and also have been shown to be ANA positive.

My dad recently has been diagnosed with a valve that doesn't shut properly, I don't know the exact diagnosis but he is around 40 years of age so this has out more worry about my symptoms and that they are serious. Is there something that is likely to cause these symptoms?

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hiya dude I'm 23 and have recently been suffering the same symptons best thing to do in my opinion is to request a 24hr ecg and chest X-ray for piece of mind and try not to worry as it could cause you to feel worse anxiety/panic attaks, that's where I'm at so far just waiting for results

• Posted

I also found the Omeprazole a waste of time, but eating drinking healthy and exercise seems to be working good luck
  • Posted

just in case it could help (I'd been glad to find that before). I'm 38, I'm sportive and vegetarian. I had that issue for 2 years. It become worst and worst, it usually started arround 11AM till the night. I'm really not sure but it might have be worst duing winter. I tried many things without any success (like DHA suplementation). I tested many things (tried for several month eating the same stuff every single day to see if it has a link) finally I spotted the pattern. It was merely link to... the sleep, though I did not felt tired at all. It was because I woke up at 5AM 7/7 for 3 years (I'm busy, I tried to gain few hours). I was not tired but I did not follow my natural way. It somehow broke something inside. I now sleep at regular time (when I feel tired) and wake up without alarm. I was sleeping 6 hours when I had the heart problem. I sleep 9hours since I don't use alarm. Find your sleep pattern, and respect it for few month (sleep when tired in the evening, don't use alarm to wake up. Sleep as much as you need). See if it's help. I did not know it was so important.

Doctors were really bad, no one spotted this simple pattern. That's why I post that, so you could find it too.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.