Chest Pains

Posted , 8 users are following.

Quick background of me, im 22 and around 2 years ago i was getting chest pains, dizziness, all kinds of symptoms, getting myself so worked up about what it is i had 2 anxiety attacks. I went to the doctors stupid amount of times as welll as A&E once, i had 2 ECG's done and one stress ECG, all coming back normal. I've always been worried about my health like cancers etc, but never thought it'd develop into full blown anxiety like it has, took me a while to accept that the symptoms i was having was due to anxiety and not some heart disease.

Once i managed to accept it was anxiety, the symptoms went alot but have come back now and again, which is what the doctor said anxiety will come back whenever it wants, even if your not anxious. Ive had a very hard 2 years with anxiety, diagnosing myself with disease after disease, where ive had 1 more ecg taking my total up to 3. Well ive been going through a really hard anxiety period for about 2 months now, and im not sure if its effecting my fitness regime or theres something actually wrong with me. From about january to june, i was hammering the gym no problem, but then i went into one of my anxiety periods with the chest pains etc and i started to notice the chest pains would come on when i was going jogging as well. then it started to happen when i was in the gym just doing weight lifting or on the treadmill, but i dont know whether its another anxiety snowball where i worry about the pains while im excercising so they come on more. Anyway I went to the doctors again and he put me in for an ECG and it come back all clear again, but i just cant seem to get it out of my head that there really is something wrong with my heart and i dearnt excercise cause of the chest pains i think ill get and ill have an heart attack or something like that. I took advantage of my work offering a full health test with BUPA last week, where you get a normal ECG done and a stress ECG done, where they get you up to 85% of your maximum heart rate. Both come back normal again but i didnt get any chest pains while i was doing it, so thinking maybe its just pointless because i didnt get any symptoms while doing it so it wouldnt of picked anything up on the stress ecg.. 

As you can see ive got myself in a right mess over this! I feel like going to the doctors and asking for a 24h heart monitor or one of those scans on your heart but starting to feel an idiot after having 5 ECG's and 2 Stress ecg's. 

Thanks for any replies, hopefully theres someone on here who's been through something similar, just breaking out the rut or getting proof theres nothing wrong with me rolleyes

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Blaaaa, made the mistake of posting the same thing in the heart forums on here, some people we're very supportive giving me statstics on how low the chances are that something is wrong with my heart at 22, theres another person saying all his ECG come back fine yet he had 3/4 of his main arteries blocked and the ecg picked up nothing. Roundabouts, but the difference is hes 53 and im 22, like the woman said in there, what's the chances of a 22 year old having heart disease, let alone a 22 years old with 5 clear ecg's. got to push on! smile 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.