Chest Pains

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello all, i am a 18 year old male. I am a soccer player and i have stopped playing for a quite a while it's not a daily thing anymore like it was months ago because of the pains i have had. It all started about 2 years ago but then went away and came back about 5 months ago. My doctor says i have palpitations and i also have been with my cardiologist. I got two EKG tests, i stopped drinking energy drinks (gatorade) since the beginning of this year and i never drink alcohol, smoke, or drugs. I also don't drink stuff with caffeine in it. Then i got a blood test, all came out good just a tiny tiny tiny bit of blood in my urine. But i went to the ER last week for chest pain and i got an EKG, chest X Ray, blood test and my blood pressure was checked. They said everything is fine and no i was not having a heart attack. So far both doctors or three doctors i've seen have said i have anxiety. Yes i do but i don't think it's this because i get pain on the left side of my chest and i get scared it's a heart attack. When i get scared and feel it bothering me, i check my heart beat and it's at 60 or 56 per minute. I really need help and suggestions on what to do. Please help.

- Thank You

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

60 BPM right in the normal range.

The fitter you are the slower your heart, you would be amazed to find out, I was, that some of the olympic athleletic members have heart beats in the high 30's.  But you are doing the right thing if you get chest pain get it checked out.

You are right don't drink any of those energy drinks, or anything with caffeine or guarana (just another name for caffeine) in it, for me it give me all sorts of odd beats, very stange feeling when your heart starts those extra beats.

Have the Dr's told you your chances of having a heart condition is in the 100's of thousands at your age.

My husband has heart failure, he is 65, his heart failure cause is unknown, but I think it was possibilility of a virus, he was working in very dirty/sewerage area.

His heart failure is painless, has NO PAIN at all, and even his blood pressure is normal, but his poor heart is in a really bad way. 

Look up dialated cardiomyopathy, and left ventricle, that is the part of his heart that is affected, you should see his heart on X-rays, it looks wrong and it is hugely blown out on the left side.

• Posted

Hello all!

So when i was writing that i was feeling the chest pain but just on the left side of my chest and it is gone now. I didn't take any medications for it to go away. All i did was lay down for 5 hours cause i'm trying to go to bed and it finally went away. I go through this a lot and i don't know why. Also i wasn't nervous or scared of anything, i just got the chest pain out of no where. If you know anything please tell me and help me out !!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.