Chest pains

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've suffered from mild chest pains maybe once twice a month since being in my early teens but never really gave it much thought. Recently though (I say recently it's been over the past two years) the pains have become more severe and almost a daily occurance. Reluctant to go to the doctors I still ignored the pain dismissing it as nothing until recently when I've started to get palpitations and dizziness. Anyone able to shed any light on what this could be as fear a doctor would find it hard to believe I've ignored this for so long. 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Never worry about Dr's finding it hard to believe, they have seen it all, unfortunately, for example nothing to do with you.

Mother in law ignored blood from her bowel for about 2 years we were told, until she collapsed on the floor of bathroom, door had to be broken down, she was carted off to hospital, I'm sure the Dr's were shocked to their socks when they found a cancer that invaded her entire belly, but that didn't stop them treating her as best they could up until her death, I still think about it many years later, if she had gone to the Dr early curable, but her fears that it might be a cancer came only too true.

?Get yourself to the GP for a start, have a ECG done, regular GP can do that, and if something turns up, well you are still alive to date, keep thinking positive and don't ignore things in the future.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.