Chest pains

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi

I am a 19 year old male.

I have been experiencing pains around my chest but mostly below my left breast and my upper chest, when I exercise(mostly jogging and skipping rope) I do not feel anything but whenever I sit down to study or lie in my bed to sleep my chest hurts.. What could be the problem

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Chest pain is always a cause for concern but there are a lot of different types that can be caused by many different things.

Let's start with hear related or cardiac chest pain. Remember i may be a doctor but i have no way of actually being able to diagnose you on here.... but here goes.

Cardiac related chest pain is often a sharp, grinding/crushing pain, the pain would tend to be worse with exercise. When you agitate the heart the pain will get worse. The pain will almost always be accompanied with dizziness or breathlessness. So on the surface I would say this is not heart related. However see a doctor asap. On the plus side... the pain you describe sounds more like muscular related when you push yourself with exercise or a high strain activity like jump rope, sex or rowing you use muscles you didn't know you have. The chest is literally packed full of muscles. A pull, tear or simply a minor strain can easily bring on localised chest pain. A dull ache to a throbbing sensation with the pain can make you fear. But since the problem is resolved with exercise there isn't much to worry about. However this is a forum and words are not a diagnosis. See a doctor and get an ECG (EKG in the US)

The only possible thing in my mind right now that is heart related is angina but it's extremely unlikely. You're too young.

In the meantime, 300mg aspirin when needed will hit 2 in 1. It will tackle the pain and if you chew the tablet (I know eww) it will be absorbed faster and actually help your blood flow.

Chew into a fine powder and wash down with water. Oh by the way I recommend always carrying aspirin in case you or someone on the street is having a cardiac arrest. Just 1 tablet can save a life!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.