Chest pains

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've been into the emergency several times with severe chest pains. Ive gotten blood work and ecgs done at least 6 times in the last 2 months, along with one ultra sound and one xray. The doctors keep telling me its not my heart but the pain is scary and my anxiety cant get over the thought of what if theyre wrong. Has anyone else gone through this? (Btw doctors think its gerd but ive been on meds for a week and so far it hasnt helped.)

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Your Dr's are right, its not your heart, I can tell you that from experience, especially if you have had the ECG's, x-ray and echocardiogram, but you are calling it ultrasound, I assume that is is the same.

?Gerd - A week is not going to cure it, right diet, nothing to tasty, or greasy, bland food, give your poor stomach a break, keep away from Coke, chocolate,onions, garlic, drink milk instead, try some warm milk and sip slowly, and see if that breaks up the pain, it does for me and I have had gastritis for years, and some of those foods mentioned above cause a flare, am sometimes caught out, and then try to think what have I eaten that could have caused me problems again, most recent is chocolate, my stomach just willnot tolerate it I'm afraid.

• Posted

How old are you? How long have you had this chest pain? Any other symptoms? Fatigue? Shortness of breath? Pain anywhere else? Arms? Back? Jaw? Teeth?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.