chest pains

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have had loads of different tests for heart problems because of chest pain and breathlessness they have all come back normal the only test I haven't had is a heart echo I am still having the same symptoms

has anyone been through the same thing

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

My wife was told that 55% of people who attend hospitals with chest pain that no cardiac cause is found.

I had two stress ECG's and a stress echocardiogram each indicated possible blocked arteries but angiograms showed them to be false positives. 

• Posted

I would think echo would be next, if only to eliminate any heart issues.
    • Posted

Sorry - don't want to frighten you, but it was echo that showed that my husband had a major heart problem, dialated cardiomyopathy, or heart failure, but a plain chest x-ray would have showed that up as well, as his was soooo serious, he was refered for immediate angiogram, which amazingly enough showed that he did not have blocked arteries, or even partly blocked arteries, he falls into a small group that don't have any blockages. 

His they think was caused by a virus, but nothing they have been able to put their fingers on, he wasn't even really sick but just off right up until he collapsed at home in full on congestive heart failure, a couple of weeks previous had been running up and down building site 4 stories of stairs clearing our a flooded building.

• Posted

I had chest pain, breathlessness and palpitations and my heart tests all came back normal apart from an irregular heartbeat. I had multiple pulmonary emboli, get a D-dimer blood test to be safe. It checks to see if you have any clots. It is something very overlooked in the medical profession and something that if it is not diagnosed in time can kill you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.