Chest pains

Posted , 4 users are following.

morning ive been taking orlistat for 5 weeks now and over the last week i have had chest pains and bit breathless has anyone had these symptoms?

thanks

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Dianne,

I took Orlista for 2 weeks then developed chest pain so bad on two occasions that I thought I was having a heart attack. The second time I had the chest pain I dropped to the floor took aspirin and ended up staying three days in hospital. They said that something did happen to my heart. After this I had scans etc and was put on aspirin. I am convinced the Orlista caused my heart problem. Please stop taking it.

• Posted

oh no thats awful did tou ask at the hospital of ot was the orlistat hope you are ok

• Posted

Hi Dianne,

You poor thing! That really doesn't sound right, I would contact your doctor or 111 for advise. I delayed taking Orlistat because one of the very common side effects was a respitory infection and given the current pandemic I didn't want to get any symptoms confused. Perhaps it is one of these side effects that is making you feel like this but I would definitely get it checked out.

Nia x

• Posted

I think you should speak to your doctor. They will guide you into better options. Different medications work for different people.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.