Chest pains and heart issues

Posted , 12 users are following.

A major part of my CFS symptoms have been central chest pain and upper chest tightness. I have recently had issues with a racing heart rate and fluttering sensations. These can happen anytime anywhere regardless what I am doing, resting, sleeping, moving... 

As these are scary symptoms I have presented to emergency now 7 times in 5 months. Each time normal ECG, blood tests etc. I had a full heart scan last month, no major issues were reported. 

No question panic and anxiety plays a part once the symptoms start but they are not the cause. At present these are almost daily symptoms.

Does anyone else experience these? If so what are your explanations and experiences?

1 like, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Thank you for your reply. My chest pains oddly enough have just returned the past 2 weeks after a good 2 to 3 month spell. Lots of the pain this time seems to be upper chest, even close to my shoulder, sore to press....so almost fibromyalgia like. The pain is random, often sore when walking especially uphill but it is not a breathless sensation. I have in the past month got back into the pool and am able to do about 8 laps, its a 50m pool. This has relaxed my chest and shoulder pain...which is wonderful. Thankfully the palpitations I had back in August have settled. Fingers crossed.

• Posted

Exactly the same problems, with exactly the same lack of results!

• Posted

Hi everyone, I was diagnosed with CFS in 2014. Compared to many, my symptoms are very mild. There have been times when having a shower was enough effort to cause me to take to my bed for the rest for the day.

I've had palpitations from day one and pain in the top of my chest, lightheaded episodes and generally feeling breathless. This has happened day, night, whilst sitting, standing, walking, laying down.

I've had an echocardiogram, a seven day ECG and my carotid artery checked. All came back clear. Today whilst sitting crocheting the heart symptoms appeared with a revenge. I googled heart attack symptoms as it was so bad. A few hours later and it's gone! It makes me so anxious which of course doesn't help. I know it's the CFS, it's been going on for five years come February 2019, I'm sure if it was heart disease it would have progressed by now or shown up on a test. The fact that so many of us CFS/ME sufferers have it is telling me it's all related.

• Posted

I was also in A & E a few times with similar problems - a Complete waste of time - In fact the doctors incompetence with anything M E related just wound me up even more!!

I find that probiotics are the answer to this. I take Symprove and ProBion active. Without these my life is simply not worth living....

Hope this can help you too!

Best wishes Bettina

• Posted

I have had racing heart beats at times, and shooting nerve pain in the chest cavity, but have never questioned if it was my heart in particular. All my tests came back negative as well.

Perhaps the following information may be of interest to all ME/CFSI patients. I signed up for a webinar with Dr. Jarred Younger held on Dec. 13 and posted the info for others who might have wanted to participate, but the mods wouldn't even post my discussion, let alone the link. However, all is not lost — the host for the webinar, Solve ME/CFS Initiative(SMCI), reposted the entire webinar on YouTube. I forwarded the link to my Neurologist and his associates to give them a better understanding of the science, current research and symptoms. I won't post the link, as I know the mods will remove it — I still don't understand why they do that.

If , however, you go to YouTube and enter: ME/CFS Involves Brain Inflammation: Results from a Ramsay Pilot Study you will be able to view it. I highly, HIGHLY recommend watching it, and sending the link to your Doctors to help them understand more clearly the scope of the disease.

Dr. Younger gives a presentation of his new research findings that indicate brain inflammation plays a significant role in the pathophysiology of ME/CFS. With pilot funding from SMCI’s Ramsay Award Program, Dr. Younger used a non-invasive imaging technique to measure temperature and other brain chemistry indicators in individuals with ME/CFS and control subjects. The results showed distinctly elevated brain temperature, indicative of inflammation, in patients. The involvement of brain inflammation in the development and progression of ME/CFS has long been an area of interest, but there has been a lack of direct evidence to support the connection. This seminal study further validates that neuroinflammation is occurring in ME/CFS patients and has the potential to point the way to an objective marker and effective medical treatments.

• Posted

Charlie, have you had your lungs checked? Are you a smoker?

What it seems to me is your brain might not be receiving the right amounts of oxygen hence presenting the feeling of tiredness and causing the racing heart and chest pains.

I would strongly recommend you to get your lungs checked as well and perhaps a sputum culture

• Posted

Am just wondering if you have cfs/me too hithhithhith?

It is definitely part and package of the condition to have these pains for many with it. I agree that getting it checked out is a good idea and maybe also blood tests to show whether there is any deficiency that could be causing things.

I take an iron suppliment which is important for transportation of oxygen which, as you say, may be causing the issues Charlie is suffering.

Beverley

• Posted

Beverley,

To be honest, I was never officially diagnosed to have as I prefer more natural remedies. Not a fun of all the chemical medications unless it results in an urgent condition. I had quite similar symptoms to CFS.

In Charlie's situation I recommended to test just to be on the safer side and be certain it was caused by his condition and nothing more was developing.

And I completely agree with the tips you added. I hope your condition is getting better too 😃

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.