chest pains and stomache aches after 4 days on the drug

Posted , 3 users are following.

so i started on 100mg for fibromyalgia after day 2 had severe chest pains and bad tummy...my doc said perservere it will get better...by day 3 headaches severe chest wall pain and bad tummy...stopped on day 4

still dizzy, still bad tummy and chest pains and face pain and headaches..

like ok i was on it for 3 days...went to the doc and he said stop thankfully i wasnt on it for very long but when i started looking up the side effects especially i thought i am in alot of pain but now i am even sicker struggling with the side effects..how long is this going to last.....like i need a new problem...doc says when you feel better lets try cymbalta..cant wait to see what that does...has anyone else had this sort of quick bad reaction and how long does it take for the side effects to go away..ick

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I took for my 100 mg does of Gabapentin this morning at 8am and I have never taken this before so I am terrified right now bc the symptoms are horrible!! I am having trouble closing my eyes (wide open) I have been clinching my teeth since noon and it's Bieber almost 6pm ! I feel like it's hard to swallow! MY anxiety it's through the roof !!! Thinking I am dying!!! MY symptoms are just as strong now as they were when it kicked in my system (2hrs) after takyit ! I am 5'3 and weigh 189 .. Female.. I am freaking OUT PLEASE HELP!! I called the doctor and told her what was happening and the nurse said to eat and don't take it again !! And it could be dropping my blood sugar! Never had a problem with it before !!

Why do I feel out of my body !! WHEN DOES THIS GET OUT OF ME !??? I am drooling! Can I take something else to get this out of ME!!??? Please help o am terrified😳??😭

• Posted

Hi Callie my doc had me take it before bed..so i didnt feel any side effects in fact slept like a log..woke up with sore shoulder muscles...and then my chest started to hurt and my tummy ached..i took it for 4 days and then went off it and my chest aches and my tummy is still bad. spoke to my gastro today and he said the drug agffects your central nervous system it penetrates your brain and some people can take it and some just cant...day 2 i knew i could not but my doc said give it a good try.....so i stuck with it for 4 days after that i thought no this is not good...if i cant take 100 mg how are they going to ramp me up...my gastro said today it has affected the nerves throughout my body but i have nerves in my esophagus and stomache and now they are all irritated and will take time to go back to normal i would say stop taking it and go in and see your doctor....it s been 7 days i am off taking just 4 pills and still sick...my gastro ordered a test for me where they will put a hose down my nose into my tummy for 24 hours and see if i am having espophagus spasms .......meanwhile i have one shoulder that aches and aches and went to a pain management guy that does these injections in your fibro spots and that just made it worse...and no one seems to pay attention to this aching shoulder muscle which i had a physio come to the house and she said its not fibro there...your muscles and rib cage are all caught up and tight and gave me some exercises to do to try and loosen it up as she said i am so inflammed....she cant even touch me....meanwhile i knew i had fibro..it never bothered me till this shoulder started to ache and everybody said oh its your fibro and now i learn yes part of this is but everyone ignored this shoulder muscle so my doc said try physio for 3 tries and if it is still hurting (its been hurting since Feb 14th!!!!!!!) then he will try a cortisone shot...so i have nothing right now....are you anxious though about what you read here...as some people get relief and can take gambenptin..some cant i am one of them...stop if you are having a bad reaction...look up side effects of gambepentin on the internet and you will see that some of what you are experieincing is some of the possible side effects...go back and see your doc
    • Posted

Hey Callie how are you doing> did you stop taking the Gambepentin..worried about you..i know how you feel, i am still sick after 7 days of being off the stuff..you might get that.......apparently it takes time as it has affected your brain chemistry..hang in there

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.