Chest pains giving me bad anxiety.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello there my name is Alex.. I’m 19 going on to 20 this month i am a very slim girl weighing 120 pounds height 5’4. I’ve been having on and off chest pains for about 10 months already.. it’s been a real drag for me. I also experience left arm numbness and upper back pain with it .. I’ve have numerous test done including ekg heart echos cta scans X-rays holter monitors and blood work. Everything normal I’m guessing cause they never said anything about it.   My dr reassured me that everything’s okay he said so far all test have been normal that I’m fine. That it’s prolly all bad anxiety and stress. Yes I admit I do have bad anxiety but due to my symptoms. I know it’s not anxiety when the chest pains hit me when I’m not anxious and I’m happy. I’m barley going to be 20 and I feel that I can’t enjoy life anymore 😕😕 Someone please help I’d appreciate it ??

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Do you ever get shooting pains?
    • Posted

Sometimes. But most of the time it’s an aching pressure pain Andy it worries me! I tell my dr and he says that all my test have been normal so I shouldn’t worry. 
  • Posted

You are young, however not unheard of to have non-obstructive heart issues- such as Coronary Spasms or Microvascular Angina  which do not show in typical cardiacvtesting. Predominantly they say this is often older  women yet I moderate a group that has seen men and women of all ages. 

Angina at rest or after exertion and which lasts longer than ten min, without obstructive signs can certainly point to Microvascular or Spasm issues. These are difficult to diagnose and treat but not impossible to manage. Where are you located? You may be near a center of excellence that recognizes these less understood vascular dysfunctions.

You aren't alone. I know it can be tough to feel you keep getting no answers but you must keep listening to your busy and searching!

Love, light & clarity!

??

• Posted

Hello here thank u for the advice and I am located in California Central Valley! 
  • Posted

hi alex so i have been having chest discomfort and throat clearing for over a year now. the chest discomfort feels like a plugged/pressure type feeling and the throat clearing feels like its comeing from the upper chest and sometimes my right hand and right foot feel a little numb during sleep. ive had numerous tests done. such as a stress test with echo, 24hour sleep study with holster, numerous ecg's, then a nuclear stress test and all came back normal.so then i was sent to a G.I. doctor and they did a upper endoscopy and the only thing they found was hpolori and put me on anti biotics for 14 days but still having symtoms 

• Posted

yeah so keep me posted on your situation as i will keep you posted too and let me know of any good doctors i am here in the Monterey bay area in california
    • Posted

Hello there Rueben. I see we’re nit far from each other. I’m from Madera ca like 2 hrs away from where u r. I’ve still been having the same symptoms and so far nothing. The only known problem I know I have is a hiatal hernia. Other than that my hearts “healthy” so they say. Same symptoms but yet no responses. How old r u by the way? 
    • Posted

Truly? In CA- Dr. Tremmel or Dr. Bairey-Merz are excellent at non-obstructive vascular issues! Although both specialize in women's heart health? You certainly don't have to be a woman to see them! Second opinions matter!! NonObCAD is rising in numbers! 

With my Microvascular dysfunction/Coronary Spasms, I do often have some numbness in ties upon waking due to not being vertical all night for hours. Many odd symptoms can still point to circulation problems.

Keep searching! Like any health problem? The sooner you get proper helpbthe better!

Best to you both. ??

• Posted

What test did they do to find out u have non obstructive heart problems? Is it possible that me at 20 years old has this problem? 
    • Posted

Alex- not every facility does the provocative cath or even a provocative cMRI. Both can show flow issues at micro level which is typically unseen on usual testing. The cMRI is less invasive. The provocative cath is often considered the gold standard of the two. Although age can be a higher risk factor? I know young women who have this. I was a fit, healthy life style woman and shouldn't have had heart disease  pop up at even 40! Yet here I am.  Blood tests stellar and passed other cardiac testing like you did- I had the million dollar work up! 

The above testing must be done by those having lots of experience doing them and the subtleties they know to look for.

Dr. Tremmel in CA is highly recommended. Worth a second opinion. Search her name on YouTube- you'll find videos. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.