Chest pains under breast/ heart area

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have been experiencing chest pains, near heart but under my left breast. It feels similar to a gas-like feeling. But sometimes if I stretch it can feel like a pulled muscle and stop me in my tracks. I am extremly nervous when it happens. I am contemplating going back to my cardiologist to be sure. Anyone have this happen to them before?

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Kristina

These sound like anxiety symptoms I get them all it could also be acid reflux.

If you havent done so already you should get a full check up and rule out any health issues and that it is anxiety

Them try meds and therapy

Anxiety sucks, you have to stay strongsmile

Take Care

• Posted

Thank you. I had a work up in Dec. Ekg's, echo, halter heart monitor and blood work. They only thing they found was high cholesterol which has become normal since then. But I just have such an HARD believing that this is all anxiety. 
    • Posted

I know Ive had depression for 16 years manageable with meds this anxiety only started in December 2015,I went to a and e twice thinking I was having a heart attack I did not believe it was anxiety.

Then I found this forum heard everyones stories and realised yip its abxiety and it sucks

Hope your feeling better soonbiggrin

• Posted

Hi Kristina,

it has made me so happy to see your post because i have been having the exact same pains for about a week now! its been driving me crazy and i feel the sametoo that it is hard to beleive that anxiety can make things like this happen. Im struggling to explain to my boyfriend how it feels, he is trying to understand but i feel like sometimes he just expects me to ignore the pain-and i just can't do that. I worry and worry and worry that its something really bad and that im going to die- and when i say that he just thinks im overreacting. Anxiety really does suck sad 

• Posted

ME TOO! It is horrible. I have been feeling them all week long. And then it becomes a dominoe effect. I guess we have to be strong together and pray that this doesn't last forever.

• Posted

Hi I have the exact same thing I've been to docs and think it's Gerd or acid reflux it's like a shatp stabbing pain I get it in my chest left breast under my ribs it's scary x
  • Posted

see like thats the thing, at first i thought it may just be gas, but for me its not like a sharp or stabbing pin, its more like an ache and some times it feels like its my heart aswell- which was freaking me out even more 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.