Chest pressure for 2 years! Please help me!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all,

I'm 27 years old, male, formerly a smoker but I quit smoking for over a year now. Ive been suffering with chest pressure close to 2 years ,the pressure moves around and is mostly located at my upper chest area ( feels like a bubble), sometimes it moves to my neck also, the only time I feel relieved is when I am asleep. One side effect with this chest pressure is EXCESSIVE sputum stuck in my chest and throat.

I've been keep exercising trying to improve my health quality, although chest pressure remains but I feel much healthier, however when I was trying to spit the sputum out in the morning these two days, I felt something popped in my chest and some blood was in the sputum , I was scared but the chest pressure was relieved almost instantly. Can anyone give my any suggestions or advice that can help me end this miserable suffering, I really want to make peace with it and get on with my life. Any advice will be much appreciated.

Tests that I have done in this past year:

Blood test

X-ray scan 

Ear nose throat examination 

Endoscopy (stomach)

Mri ( stomach area)

All results came back clear and normal

P.s. When I speak too loud or too long, my chest (around sternum ) and neck hurts

Thank you all

1 like, 3 replies

Report / Delete

3 Replies

• Posted

Sometimes diagnosis is only found by following a list of symptom to test for and cross them out as you get thru the tests until finally a diagnosis  is found. A very frustrating to get all the testing until a proper diagnosis is found. Be deligent don't give up until you have the answers. 

Wishing you hope, patience and a diagnosis to  help treat your present health issues.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi marc0213, maybe seeing a lung doctor (pulmonary doctor I believe)  may help you since you say you spit up sputum and with a little blood in it too.  Always ask the doctor you see who he'd suggest you see or who he would see himself for the problem at hand.  I injured myself and had a lot of chest pain which has mainly gone away, but when I talk loud or just raise my voice my upper chest hurts as well as my neck area and I know why though...like I said I have been injured many times over and I also had muscle tightness in my neck and i'd stretch constantly which caused some pain I guess..sometimes we ourselves have to figure it out, but you may want to see a doctor who treats i'm not sure what's causing your sputum so ask the doctors office before you go in...Good luck marc0213.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

your symtoms all most sound so similer to mine i too have had chest pressure that feels like a bubble and throat clearing and my neck gets tight too here are the test ive had done a stress test-stresstest with an echo-numerous ekg;s- 24 hr sleep study with holster-nuclear stress test-upper endoscopy-just recently had a sleep study done and was diagnoised with mild sleep apnea but other than that all my other test came back normal oh i do have high blood pressure though 
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up