Chest Problems

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi guys,

I was hesitant to post on here after my post about almost being over anxiwty because I don't want to discourage any of you. My anxiety really is SIGNIFICANTLY better. However it still comes every now and then. I still have some physical symptoms. The physical symptoms concerned me because I feel like my anxiety is pretty much gone, however I still get some physical symptoms of it. So I feel like it's not my anxiety sometimes because it's pretty much gone and instead some serious disease or something. Lately I would say for about a week or so I havebeen having really weird chest sensations. It's never the same it's always different chest issues. Sometimes it feels like my heart is beating slow but really really hard if that makes any sense. Sometimes it beats fast. Sometime it beats really really fast. When I stand up or walk Up the stairs sometimes just walking in general makes my heart faster than it should. Sometimes my chest feels really tight. Sometimes I feel like I have a cramp or something in my heart. I'm only 22 years old so I don't think it's a heart disease logically but my anxiety sometimes makes me feel like it is. I'm afraid that I'm going to collapse or have a heart attack or something like that out of nowhere. I guess I just need some reassurance or something from you guys. Do you ever get weird chest sensations with anxiety? Is this normal or is it concerning? Also lately I've been feeling a bit more dizzy. However I do feel significantly better with my anxiety thoughts. It's just the physical symptoms are still lingering. Do you think this is normal? I don't see how I could have the physical symptoms when I don't really have the anxiety thinking. Anyways thanks for the support. Hope all of youare well too

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Also I should add that I am about to start my period here soon.could my period have anything to do with it? Now that I'm thinking about it I think it might. My dizziness for sure definitely seems to get worse around my period. I don't really know how loop. To make me feel this way but it does a lot of things to the body emotionally and hormonally so I guess that makes sense
    • Posted

I totally know that feeling!!!

Sometimes I feel like my chest is caving in!

Also heart racing and pounding!!

I always get my anxiety worse before time of the month!!

Have you had your thyroid checked out? Or iron?

As Sometimes when my thyroid is off and I am on meds for that but sometimes forget to take pill, I feel off.

Then when my iron is low , it also cause me anxiety.

But if you take iron before or on the time of your month , I find it really helps me!

Also vit c powder drinks. Emergen-c

If you have some where you are really help! You can get them at a drug or health store and sometimes they carry them in the grocier stores in the pharmacy.

Hang in there it will get better hugs

• Posted

I'm 17 and I am the EXACT same way, I've gone to a cardiologist because of it, and they told me everything was perfect.. I still have the symptoms I could walk up the stairs and my heart rate will be at 150 BMP+ it's so frustrating because I can't even exercise like I want to, So you're not alone. I'm not gonna tell you not to worry because I know it's hard not too, but I'm sure it's all anxiety. And I've noticed if I ignore it, it won't bother me as much.
  • Posted

Hi Whitney, I am not a medic but I do think you should go and see one as soon as you can, then they can do some routine tests and you can hopefully be reassured or get some treatment if necessary. Your heart is a very special thing and we only have one so its best to look after it. Why not print out your post and hand it to your GP if you feel at bit nervous about talking to him/her?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.