chest races a lot

Posted , 6 users are following.

As mentioned before i have had cardiology investigations such as ecgs, chest x ray, 7 day event recorder, 24 hour blood pressure monitor aswell as an echocardiogram(had this end of 2012). Anyway all these tests came back normal and reassuring as the cardiologist reported. I still seem to feel my chest racing daily like it can be ao strong i can literally see my left breast moving. I get it in normal situations such as being in the shower like what happened just now, i was in the shower and my heart was racing and i felt sick and faint. Now im sitting down im fine. I just wanted to know if this is normal with anxiety or does anyone else experience this? When my chest races i start to feel uneasy like i could have a panic attack.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

That's what mine has been doing I nearly black out had about 10 ecg a heart ultrasound and just got holter results and it's fine ! It's races so fast sometimes only 10 seconds yet it makes me feel so ill
    • Posted

I tend to feel ill with it to even if im not ill i just feel terrible it really does knock you about. Its no way to live is it. I just wish we knew what we could do to make all this stop x
    • Posted

It's horrible isn't it ! Do you feel that you can hear your heart beat cause I hear it in my ears and feel it in the back of my head they was something I read up online before that when you turn certain ways your blood pressure can drop or rise dramatically but I don't think it was serious so it could be blood pressure and bad posture I don't know I wish I had answers it's do downgrading 😒 xx
  • Posted

Hi hun I know what your going through I too experience this all day every single day it's driving me crazy! I have had in the last month 5 ecgs, blood tests,, heart enzyme test, and blood pressure checked etc and all came back normal! Iv had numerous visits to a&e and my own doctors and yet they still say my heart is fine and I'm suffering with anxiety! I get racing heart but it's more pounding I can hear and feel it in my ears/head and hands I feel sick with it and I go lightheaded I too get it when I'm relaxed as well, it scares the life out of me because each time I get shooting pains with it and they are quite random but it's always.my left side of my breast/armpit and top of my left shoulder iv also been having bad pain in between my shoulder blades too! Each day I'm convinced that day is the day I'm going to have a heart attack because my hearts pounding that fast!I'm not convinced that it is anxiety I feel doctors are missing something all the time I get seen! I'm 22 and constantly feel my days are numbered! I get awful pressure on my chest too which also makes me feel I'm going to have aheart attack as I get that nervous feeling in my stomach like something bad is going to happen! I'm so sick of this its a comfort to know I'm not alone but bad your experiencing it too my doctors are just not listening to me though I wish I could believe them that nothing was wrong with me I also had a chest x ray about 3-4 weeks ago which was apparently clear and iv just been referred for the 24 hour ecg! I'm also on propanolol 10mg 3 times a day iv been on them for 3 weeks and I'm hoping I start to see some improvement they do calm my heart but it ssoon comes back I just want to feel normal again as I can imagine u do too! sad x
    • Posted

I also get that sometimes when im lying in bed at night i hear my heartbeat in my ear and i have also had that throbbing hand sensation. I do get chain pain also like a strong shooting pain and gets worse when i breathe in. I do get dizzy a lot to like at the moment ive felt dizzy for the past couple weeks daily. I feel like you like im not convinced that anxiety is solely to blame for all my symptoms. I wish i could get some relief but it never happens. I just want my life back. Im 26 btw x
  • Posted

it's awful  there is no quick I think we have all been there and some of us are still struggling with it my only advice is you have to learn not fear the fear it does work believe me  I have been there the more a learnt this I am panic attack free I still have racing thought and palpitations but everyday it changes sometimes I can be anxiety free 
  • Posted

Hi , I too experience the same. I have had this for 7 years and have have also had all the tests you listed and all results were fine. It is just anxiety attacks. We all get them different. I also get pains in hy chest, feels like an injection in my chest. I have played sports and kept fit for years and still get weird pains/palps ect.... You are not alone and it will get better over time. Have you tried any mind therapy?.....
  • Posted

I'm sorry that you're going through this and I know how you feel.I suffered from anxiety attacks since December 2013. I was going through some old papers and all of a sudden my heart started racing and I couldn't catch my breath and all I kept thinking was something is wrong with me am I going to die? Then in the last 5/6 months I started having these health anxiety attacks every other month then every other week then every other day and within the past 2/3 months I was having them everyday along with chest pains! I was miserable, I had gone to the hospital in November 2014 and they told me since I'm only 27 I'm yoo young to be having any heart problems or anything I had an ekg done and a chest xray and a ct scan of my head because they probably thought I was nuts abd everything came back fine the doctors gave me a script for zanax and sent me on my way. I woke up on the morning of Friday, January 2nd, 2015 with pain in my ribs on my right side all the way up to my chest even in my neck and it felt like I broke my ribs it hurt to take in breaths. I knew I had to go to work so I did, came home, went to my in laws later, came back home, in pain the entire time so I figured I must just need some rest and went to sleep. I woke up the next morning Sat., 1.3.15 at 530am in excruciating pain! I was sipping air, taking the smallest breaths possible and it was unbearably painful. I got some clothes on and drove myself to a different hospital than I had back in Nov. I went to the ER told the doctor my symptoms he ran some test which included a dye injection CT Scan. He came back with the results and said that I have blood clots in both lungs or Pulmonary Embolisms and my right lung was totally ecluded meaning full of blood clots causing an infarction in that lung because the clots had blocked blood flow to it. I was immediately started on a heparin drip which is a blood thinner and stayed in the hospital for 5 days being discharged with pain meds and lovenox injections which is another blood thinner and warfarin or coumadin pills which is yet another blood thinner to get my clotting levels up. Luckily I don't have to take the shots anymore because I'm therapeutic now after getting my blood tested weekly to check my levels. I'm saying all that to say this, don't just believe that you are having health anxiety attacks for no reason especially if it isn't a normal thing. Go to the doctor, or the ER and get checked out. The doctors told me that if I hadn't have come in when I did the situation could have been life threatening because from the looks of the CT Scan my blood clots have been there for a while and that PEs cause anxiety attacks. By the grace and mercy of God I'm still here with my family, my husband, my children and my friends. Listen to your body.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.