Chest sensations

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've been having a weird day. Woke up fine at first then all of a sudden my heart starts beating fast and when I felt my pulse it seemed like it skipped a beat a few times. This of course set off my anxiety. I feel a slight burning sensation in my chest like heartburn or pins and needles. Anyone else get this?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Yes, and these feelings are very common symptoms. It's been explained to me by my doc as an imbalance between hormones and adrenalin. Of course, it's always a good idea to get it checked out yourself, but you'll probably find it's 'your age'. I also experience these symptoms and they are scary, even though I've had heart tests, I still think I'm about to drop. So, every sympathy to you, and I hope I've made you feel a little bit better x
    • Posted

Yes I have had chest x rays/EKGs and blood tests done in the past when I have had similar symptoms and all have checked out okay so I know it's probably hormones. Thank you for the reassurance, though.
    • Posted

That's ok. It's a bloody nightmare, but there's so many of us going through the same thing. You're not alone x
  • Posted

Yes i get it and it drives me crazy. Its so scary to the point I don't want to eat. I get the burning like acid reflux, sometimes it feels like someone is sticking me. I get a few flutters then my heart starts racing out of my chest pounding so hard I feel like I can't catch my breath. I've had two overnight hospital stays for heart monitoring, all kinds of scans and test and the cardiologist says all is well. The sudden drop in hormones can cause this. It's nerve wrecking.
    • Posted

Yes it is depressing and nerve wrecking! At least I'm in good company, though. Thanks for the reassurance.
  • Posted

Yes i get the heart flutters, before peri i used to get this before my period came and so i presumed hormones probably play a part, i had it the other month suddenly while sitting and suddenly had a sort of panic feeling which lasted a few seconds. Im having anxiety and panic on and off now and have decided to try magnesium supplement as i have muscle pain and cramps and along with anxiety could mean low magnesium. The stomach sensations is probably the increased acid which happens, It gave me gastitis x
    • Posted

Yes, a lot of our necessary minerals run low during peri which attributes to most of our symptoms. I remember early on when I joined this forum JaneyJay said that once she increased her b12 and b6 vitamins a lot of these symptoms disappeared.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.