Chest, side of ribs and back pain

Posted , 3 users are following.

The other night I woke up at about 4am with a sharp chest pain in the centre. It kind of went off but last night I was really tired and went bed after only being awake for 10 after about 9-10hours sleep. I am getting sharp pain and a tightness kind of discomfort in my chest that seems to slightly worsen when breathing inwards and slightly worsen when lying down or sitting.. I'm always expierencing a similar sharp pain parallel down from armpit, seems to worsen with breathing and lying down, all the pain is mainly on the left although I'm getting similar pains on my right. I'm also getting similar pains at the bottom of my ribs on the front and round my back at the bottom of ribs also. Achey pain in my shoulder blades or maybe upper back. Also abit of shortness of breath and a hot face but as I suffer from severe health anxiety I always fear the worst which brings on other psyical symptoms. Does anyone know what this could be? I was thinking it could be pleurisy or costochondritis.. although it doesn't say you get pains anywhere in the back or sides from costochondritis only front sternum area. I also fear it could be a heart attack or something although it's been days and my heart rate is normal and steady and I've also thought I've been having a heart attack twice in the past year and had 2 ecgs when paramedic came out and he said my heart rhythm is fine but I could go hospital if I really wanted but he said it doesn't seem urgent. I'm getting a holter device hooked up soon as I finally told my doctor about it. Note I am a 20 year old male from England with no heart conditions in close family's, my dad died at 38 of unknown causes so I'm always scared incase I have some kind of genetic condition. Please help sad

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.