Chest soreness and tightness every morning

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi..so im 23 female mother of 1..im happily married married and love my child to pieces..i have been diagnosed with anxiety over my health around 6 mths ago post a panic attack..i have alot of physical symptoms of anxiety which i have come to terms with and accepted.

- dizzyness

- negative thoughts and worry

- on the edge all the time with thoughts of death or going crazy

- general fatigue

- body aches and pain ( back both lower and upper and neck)

- shortness of breath

- occasional palpitation

- tingling feeling

- sensations and sharp shooting pain left side of chest

Im just struggling to accept one symptoms and hard for me to brush off as anxiety is the constant chest pain.

Chest pain

- soreness everytime i wake up from sleep

- tightness

- sometimes fullness

I have done 2 ecgs and blood test to rule out heart problems.(my anxiety revolves around my heart health)

Did other urine test and tyroid came clear too.

My husband and family give me support to keep reassuring me its anxiety.

But i just feel weird as i dont feel anxious all the time but feel the chest pain pretty much all the time.

My docs told me its anxiety too.

Anyone is currently or have felt this way before due to anxiety?

Thanks

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi!

I was diagnosed and have had it for about 6 years now however the past 4 years haven't been that bad and was under control until about two month ago.

The chest pain is normal. I didn't believe it too as my physical symptoms are more present sometimes than my mental ones. The chest pain on wakib or tightness is normal I think as I to get this. I have actually had it recently following a random panic attack upon waking. Think ninjas it three nights in a row following. But I have had contestant pain in my right rib/chest quite a lot recently.

I'm currently under tests for bloating/back pain which is causing my anxiety to go through the roof! Also I think their looking in the wrong place for the problem so it's making my even more worried that there doing wrong tests and wasting time.

I think the fact that I don't think I have really any reason to be anxious it makes it harder to believe which makes your worry even more! So it's a big circle. I seem to be feeling every little feeling in my belly. Even the feeling of just being hungry seems to be feeling a lot more stronger than usual.

• Posted

I know you posted this a while ago but you described all of my issues particularly the tight chest/chest pain and with that fear of dying and anxiety around health. I've had 2 normal EKGs and a normal echo so I'm also told it is anxiety but it is like a spiral - whenever I have these or, now, any health concerns/sickness I worry all the time that something is seriously wrong and that I'm going to die. I feel crazy. I've been working to meditate and do breathing and yoga for 2

Months now and I'm still having the same problems. I also added anti anxiety meds which seemed to help a little in the beginning but not as effective now.

• Posted

hey caroline, i’ve been experiencing this chest tightness for like 2-3 years now. when i try to exhale all the way down i can’t because my exhaling won’t exhale all the way down. it feels like this all day and everyday. does your chest tightness feel like this?
    • Posted

Eric, 

Do you have asthma or another lung problem?  I have asthma and I cannot breathe out all the way. It’s very difficult and also a daily occurrence.  Get checked out by a pulmonologist. 

• Posted

I have solved the issue of my anxiety disorder months earlier and now I again have occasional anxiety and some more severe than I experience before. Anyway mostly I practice few deep breathing and hang out to walk or jog in the early morning to improve my strength. Even though I got rare anxiety which actually happens either morning or at night, I feel good nowadays and satisfied with my life somehow. But recently I develop this feeling of tightness and heaviness in chest after wake up in the morning and sometimes at other time. Sometimes this happens with little anxiousness and other time when I am feeling good. By yours I suspect this most be the cause of anxiety and not other serious health issues. Meanwhile I will have my health check-up if symptoms persist longer. Anyway your post is really helpful. Thanks and regards.
    • Posted

hey shekhar, i’ve been experiencing this chest tightness for like 2-3 years now. when i try to exhale all the way down i can’t because my exhaling won’t exhale all the way down. it feels like this all day and everyday. does your chest tightness feel like this?
  • Posted

I have the same thing too. Had blood coltures done fine had blood work done fine echo fine ekg fine oxygen be 99 I just be feeling like I am about to become crazy. Be all in the emergency room complaining about the short of breath with the chest pain. I don’t like pain and popping pain pills is not my thing and I hate taking all these pills I take Klonopin, vistaril,hydroxide and use to sleep a lot but I don’t no more but how long does the chest pain last??? 
  • Posted

Hello, I'm having tightness in the chest constantly in the morning when I wake up as well as trouble breathing. I've been to several doctors and no one found any solution, the last one thought it's becasue of my adenoids being swollen but it isn't. I can't take in full breaths if that makes sense and I'm normally not constantly breathing, only when I notice I try to take air in and it's very hard. I've had anxiety attacks many times before but haven't had any in a while, I get a lot of heart palpitation. Sometimes it stays the whole day like I get it every now n then. Sometimes the chest pain which is in the middle of my chest stays all day too. I'm constantly worrying bout my health rolleyes

• Posted

hi, i know this was posted years ago but i'm currently going through this same problem. It started about 2 weeks ago. I woke with severe pressure on my chest. Since that morning my chest and upper back have a dull ache deep inside. Nothing relieves this. Have you managed your issue now? xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.