Chest / Stomach discomfort

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am a male 31 yrs old, 2 month ago I feel problem in breathing and feel like throat choke-up, i was afraid and wake up , Blood pressure went high with high heartbeats . stress test / 2D echo was all ok , blood reports were also fine. I waited for 2 months and then went for Endoscopy and angiography.. During the Endoscopy they found gastritis which was the case of this ..i had medicines and feeling better but from that night i feel like i will die any time, negativity , sad mood and even i know i should not drinking much but still I am doing this. I have lost all the hopes and finding the life meaning less and every time i think about finishing myself , I am not thinking about the family and friends i have no control on my self. can anyone guide me how i should come out from this depression ?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi ravindra0 - have you discussed what you are feeling with your doctor? That's the place to start. You can also seek help with your drinking if you are unable to give it up yourself. Alcohol will exacerbate depression. You have several good reasons to give it up - the physical medical situation you are in, your mental health, your family and your friends. You will need to take action to make a change, and it will take some self discipline. Go for it.

• Posted

Hi ravindra0500 - have you told your doctor how you are feeling? Alcohol is a depressant and will exacerbate a mental illness. You have several solid reasons to give it up - the physical medical situation you find yourself in, the symptoms of depression, your family and your friends. If you find it difficult to quit there are groups you can access to help you - your doc can help you with that too.  Change takes determination and self discipline, you have to want it.
    • Posted

sorry, I repeated myself because it didn't look like the first post took. No, I'm not drunk.

• Posted

Hey Wayne - Thanks for writing twice , it shows how concern you for the friends. Yes I have many good reason to stop drinking and have started thinking that way. From a week time I have stopped drinking which has helped me to improve my positive thinking towards the life. Have also joined Gym from 1st Nov and planning to continue. its a stage where I don't believe in doctors and have to stand for me which i will do.

Thanks again for the help.

• Posted

ravindra

Talk to and explain your fear with your family doctor, it sounds like you need some hands on support.

You mention drinking, depending on how much you drink this can cause Gastritis and it also may have caused you to suffer low mood, it may be an idea to stop or reduce your drinking. Many people who drunk to much may feel negative regards their mental health problems, especially if you are drinking to forget life problems. I never drink when depressed, it seems to make negative feelings worse

BOB

• Posted

Hi borderriever - I drink a lot during the weekends and it happens when i can't control my self. But from last Monday I have stopped drinking and taking medicines properly which are helping me to recover. Mood slowly getting better where I have started taking case of my self and shopping for self as well.

Thanks friend ..this forum helped me a lot to learn about the life.

• Posted

It sounds like you are experiencing side effects from the mess they gave you. I think you may be traumatised from the gastritis?? 

Depression is horrible and the sad part is not many people understand. ONLY someone who has major depressive disorder will understand the depths of despair you are truly in. Have you tried talking to your loved ones perhaps? Professional help has never helped me. I need very very good professionals to help with my depression as I have panic attacks and anxiety also paranoia too. I'd like to know more about your experience. Are you productive daily? If so that is s good sign but should not avoid getting help because if it gets to a point where you cannot be helped like me then that's bad . Talk to someone. I understand if you want to talk.?? Take care

• Posted

Hey K , Thanks you so much for your advice , i have stopped drinking from last week and also finding some hopes now, problem of gastritis is still there but mentally i am ready to treat it with doctors. I am productive whole day and normally it happens over weekends which lasts for Monday as well. Have started staking medicines and finding its working as of now.

Thanks again , you can share your problems with me ..let’s see if we can be help for each other’s smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.