Chest terribly bruised..

Posted , 5 users are following.

Chest terribly bruised after Endoscopy. I never did get an explanation. I will be having another one in 6 mo. and am afraid now. I've been getting them every 2 years since 2002 because after the 1st one they found Barrett's.

Why would my chest be so bruised?

1 like, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

I have heard of this and it can happen. It takes some about a week to two weeks! It's something they did with the camera. Nothing to worry about! You could try honey 3x a day! Try to work thru it. You will be fine!

• Posted

1 tsp. 3x a day of honey straight. I hate the taste so if that's the case with you hold your nose when you swallow! It sounds wierd but it works

• Posted

Some ulcer clinics use Manuka honey dressings and I know it is used in veterinary medicine by some practitioners. It IS very expensive; if you're  in UK look out for Holland and Barrett offers.

I used it s a stomach soother when I was taking Prednisolone over a long period and it reputedly has anti bacterial properties.

• Posted

They sell Manuka honey at Cisco! Saw it yeasterday! I use regular honey for soothing throat!
  • Posted

Did you get it done under sedation? If so, try getting it done with just throat spray next time.
  • Posted

Yes, I get Versed. I will ask about that. Thanks
  • Posted

I agree with lily. Stay awake and aware. They will let you give signals if you feel anything more than bearable discomfort. They don't want to hurt you, obviously, but how can they know if you can't communicate.

Good luck next time.

• Posted

maybe by being asleep they just get on with the job in hand, if your awake  you could be the type who has them stopping every few seconds  because its uncomfortable, not saying thats the case with you its just a possibility, i was awake for mine and found the withdrawel  the worse part and yes i was sore for a few days

• Posted

I remembered I had my esophagus stretched. Could that have had my chest darkly bruised.
    • Posted

Julie, I've replied by private message. PMs via this site don't expose the email address of either party, and don't carry viruses. The notification will come into your inbox (or your junk mail) in the normal way.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.