Chest tightness

Posted , 6 users are following.

Week 6 (on sunday) on my increase from 10mg to 20mg. I'm getting chest tightness/weird pains all across my chest that come and go throughout the day. Anyone else had this? I dont know if its because i'm more anxious at the minute with this virus but it's terrifying me!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

hi lauren

do you have anxiety ?

do you or have you experienced this before or is this something new ?

if you have just started this medication then most times it can increase your anxiety to which u may have not experienced it before which may explain the tightness ect ! xx

• Posted

hey! mainly health anxiety - i started on 10mg on the 18th december was on that dose for 10 weeks then increased to 20mg (6 weeks ago tomorrow) i remember the first 6 weeks ish on 10mg wasnt great but cant remember the side effects! I dont know if im just more anxious with all this covid19 plus im due on in 4 days? I feel terrible though x

• Posted

Hi Lauren,

Sorry to hear you are having these issues but rest assured you are NOT ALONE! I too am having the same side effects and have been on citalopram 20mg for about 6 weeks (up from 10mg as well). My chest tightness doesn't really go away it just either gets a bit worse or lessens. I find that when I take a deep breath in, it feels minimally tight but it didn't feel this way before.

I have chalked it up to the increased dosage as I had a chest x-ray done and there is nothing on the disease front (pneumonia) to be found.

Good luck and keep me posted on how you are keeping on! I wish you good health especially in these uncertain / anxious times world-wide.

Mat

• Posted

Hi Matt! Thanks for the reply! Yes the tightness is really worrying and sometimes feel like i have something lodged in my thorat, could this be heartburn/acid? How long were you on 10mg for before you increased?

• Posted

hi i am experiencing the same thing right now! The doctors said it could be acid reflux but it is so weird cause I never had any of it before. I al going to do 6 months on 10mg and I thought the side effects were going to be over by now but it doesnt seem like it

• Posted

I had this for two months, I couldn't hack it anymore, the debilitating fatigue, nausea and suffocation was overwhelming, everyday, i could not even go out it was soo awful. like someone was permanently sitting on my chest..doc cross tapered me over to prozac, already much less side effects for me anyway. I only stopped the cit 4 days ago and those side effects have reduced considerably. guess cit is no good for me.. x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.