Chest tightness and pain in chest help

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello

Need some help. I have been suffering with chest tightness like someone is sitting on my chest and I'm not getting any oxygen.  I also get pain with it than it travels to my back. I am a 37 year old female. I have done ecg, stresstest, echocardiogram and all is normal.  I'm not convinced. I keep thinking it's my heart. Anyone else feel what I feel ? What are the chances it is my heart 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Sounds suspiciously like Angina and am surprised it does not show up in an ecg. I am 85 and have similar symptoms  on exertion. These subside quickly after I put a Sorbitrate tablet (5mg) under my tongue. 

• Posted

Hello Maryann,

i am also suffering from the same condition as you are passing through------but i didnot feel pain i have gurggling sounds in my stomach-------and also i burp alot---------i am 31 year male and suffering it from 5 years-----i have done 17 ecgs,2 echo of heart,24 hours holter ecg,blood work like cholestrol etc every thing is normal but have the same feeling--------i read on internet that Rest echo result is not 100% accurate though it show valves of heart when you are at resting position i also read it there are lot of people whose echo is clear but have a heart problem-------

Lets come to Stress test :i also read it on internet that if there is no sever blockage in artries Stress test also can not pick abnormalities-------like if some one has 65% blockage stress test will be normal----more then 70% of blockage stress will pick but some time it can not pick even 90%of blockage-----i am not professional but i share what i read ---

i am also so scared and on 23 i have Cardiac contrast Ct scan---angiogram and Ct scan contrast angiography is 100% accurate---------the choice is yours you wanna go like that or make it more clear------these are the test by which you will make it more calrify------

• Posted

I suffered those symptoms at exactly the same age, but my tests were not normal, and it was determined that I had suffered a heart attack caused by a coronary artery vasospasm.  If all your tests are normal, then you must conclude that it is not cardiac

in origin, it is something else.

• Posted

Hi Mary Ann.   Question Recently have you had your primary arteries scanned for blockage.   If not you may be surprised as I was when I received a wake-up call in 2009.   I'll share my expereience with you if oyu like ..  Best Wishes, Always    Garvin Bazzell, “Bazz”  

• Posted

It's probably a CAT of the heart,  I had one of the lungs a few months ago, I know they can be done of virtually any organ.

• Posted

Hi Mary Ann,  Google Life Line Screening.  They'll scan your five major arteries, 2 / Carotid, Aorta and 2 / Peripheral.     Check my Wake-Up Call video on You Tube    Best Wishes, Always    Garvin Bazzell, “Bazz”

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.