Chest tightness, breathless and feeling like I can't speak

Posted , 3 users are following.

So all of a sudden this afternoon I had feeling like my chest was tight that caused be to breathe faster and hurt my chest a bit. It's still there a little and the fast breathing has made me feel like I'm breathless too, but I'm talking to people and it feels like I can't carry on talking like I'm gonna just stop being able to talk kinda like its hard to get the words out. It's hard to explain! I'm hoping this is just my anxiety but does anyone else get this?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi. I've had this today and lump in my throat it seems like indegestion I get it quite often it is worrying. I find a hot water bottle layed on my chest really does help ease it and slow deep breathing too x
    • Posted

Thank you for your reply! I keep getting little pains every now and then too so scary!
  • Posted

I've suffered from chest shooting sharp pains, a lot of it I think is where we worry about it and it makes it worse I'm getting to the point where I'm finally accepting my anxiety now which is helping me have you looked up Costa on here as that can sometimes be a cause of shooting pains /sharp pains pls try not to worry your not alone and I find this forum really helps x
    • Posted

Thank you for the reassurance it helps a lot! I don't normally have anxiety to do with the heart normally it's about other health things. But guess anxiety shows itself in so many different ways. I will look that up! X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.