chest x ray.

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have just been to my doctors again and i told her i was worried my right shoulder/ back pain was my lung. She listened to my chest and made me blow into a peak flow monitor. She said she would send me for a chest x ray but just for my peace of mind and she wouldn't normally. She said she isn't worried but i am. It isn't a pain it's just a constant discomfort and it hurts if i shrug/flex my shoulder. How can that be with a gallstone if i don't even get attacks??

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I am not experiencing this myself at the moment but know of someone who had a lot of shoulder pain when she had gallstones. Don't know why that is but there we are.

People can have very different symptoms with gallstones.

Some get nausea, some like me just get pain.

Hope you can get to the bottom of all this soon.

Take care

Sarah

• Posted

I had both shoulder and back pain when I had Gallstones, it's called 'referred' pain.
  • Posted

Hi 

your chest X-ray will show up anything ...

try not to worry 

my hubby was told by the gp he had inflamed lungs and given ibuprofen he got worse he said the pain was across his lungs .. In the end took him to walk in casualty ..they shaved his chest hair off did a ecg ran tests ..all ok then the doctor pressed on his stomach ..agony ..gastritus and it's been worsened by ibuprofen ..ulcers now .. 

So pain is strange it can feel in a different place to where it originates from. Now your gp sounds good ...unlike ours ..sending you for a X-ray instead of saying pain killers ...

if it is a lung problem your catching it quickly  ,,...  And if it's not your gp is being good and checking it out... 

Tests are hell we always fear we have something but we want to be better and it's the only way to recover ..

hang in there 

sally 

• Posted

Just bothered because i have had this since before xmas so it won't have been caught early, and they just think it's my 2cm gallstone
    • Posted

Try not to think the worse ..

just deal with each day and facts..

otherwise we waste days worrying over things that never happen..

and then when we do get told bad stuff we cope ..

it's  the fear of that's worse than the actual realities we deal with ..

i say this with experience :😁

• Posted

It  probably is your gallstone. I have just 1 which is the same size as yours and have the most awful aching muscular type pain in my shoulder/collarbone. It seems to be everyday at the moment. A lot of people on here also say they have this symptom. I spray myself with Deep Heat. Smells awful but works a treat for easing the pain.
  • Posted

All these people with pain in the shoulder with gallstones which I do not have.

In December my GP advised me to go to hospital because she thought I had gallstones. One of the tests they did was a chest x ray although that was not where the pain was. Now I am beginning to understand why they did that.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.