Chest Xray results

Posted , 2 users are following.

Needed to have a chest xray and now I need a blood test. Had to make a non-urgent doctors appointment. My blood test form states CCF xray results does anybody know what this means please?My appointment is not for 2 weeks and am getting a bit anxious.

Thanks

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

i think that CCF stands for congestive cardiac failure. I guess that when they do the xray they will look for certain things such as fluid around the lungs, whether your heart looks enlarged, whether the blood vessels are blocked and probably lots of other things.

?I know it's hard waiting for appointments. I'm in a similar position however with a different condition but try and distract yourself as much as possible.

?Stress is never going to help..I know its easy to say that but it is important.

Always here for a chat.

Holly smile

• Posted

Thank you Holly

After a while I found out this on the internet and have been reading about it. Will not know anymore until the blood results and seeing my GP.

All the best to you and wish you well

Lynne

• Posted

I'm glad you found some more information online.

?Personally, I find research to be quite calming as I feel like I have a better idea of what the doctors are thinking etc.

?I hope that your blood results come back okay and that the GP is able to support you enough.

?Take care

Holly smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.