Chew the cud

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi I am getting desperate for an answer and would really appreciate some help. At times I get an awful reflux. Feels like I can bring up my last meal on demand or otherwise and can chew it again before I swallow again. Happens more often sometimes. The sore throat due to acid irritation is horrible. I dare not see my doctor as I am worried about being diagnosed to have cancer. Am I describing cancer of the food pipe can someone help me please?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Can I get back to you tomorrow. ? You Donyt have cancer so please stop worrying 

You have gerd and reflux I have just had a procedure called linx which has totally cutest me 

Are you on meds ?

• Posted

Thank you for getting back to me. No I just take over the counter antacid gaviscon - not really helping.
  • Posted

Hi aparna, in all likelihood you dont have cancer, but it is important to go to your doc and get proper assessment and treatment for your reflux. Untreated acid reflux can cause a pre-cancerous condition called Barretts Oesophagus. I have this and didnt get treatment early enough.

I personally dont believe it is responsible just to tell you you dont have cancer. We are all different, we are not medics and none of us can see down your oesophagus. Go see your doctor, get checked out and you will feel better.

In the meantime there are diets that can help - google Koufman's Dropping Acid and get the book. It's a more alcoline diet and has helped lots of people and even if it doesnt help directly it's a very healthy way to eat and worth trying.

• Posted

Hi there,

I hope you have seen your doctor are yo on Nexium or some sort of medication this will help with reflux, but it takes about twoweeks before you feel it working, where are you living, the reason I am asking this is if you are in the UK there is a place called the food hospital the only one that is based in UK, and I love to watch the programme on TV. there was a singer ther who had been suffering really bad reflux, they put her on a special diet, and guess what after 15 years of sufferig now she is back to normal, they said that you should have your last meal for the night three hours before going to bed, I write what the diet was but it was too fast for me, and ter was no damage done, she used to get sick during performances due to the reflux, stop coff tea chocolates, anything with caffine and also all alcohol.  Have bland food like rice pasta no chesse, fried foods, or processed foods and increase white meats take te reds out, see how you go some swar by apple cider viniger, two teaspoons in water, and drink it.  Maybe if you google food hospital it might show you the episode I am talking about.  Good Luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.