ChiAri 1 Malformation

Posted , 3 users are following.

I was diagnosed with ChiAri back in June...I had all the symptoms but then they stated I had CSF leakage... so they put all the focus on tht...now to tell me 2 Drs later tht they can’t find the leak anywhere & they are not concerned about the low pressure now. ??????? I’m at lost... they stated surgery is nt recommended & this maybe one of those cases that they just can’t figure out. I’m frustrated in pain & seems like I’m getting no relief or any help...bt I’m going broke with dr bills...can someone shed a little light on my issue & maybe recommend something to help me. 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Wow hi Tammy! You sound so much like me. I have some questions for you. What was your opening pressure? What are your symptoms? Are they constant? Are your headaches positional? Have they told you how far your chiari is herniated? What testing have you had? How long have you been this way? Well let me start by saying I’m sorry you have to go through this . I completely understand. I have been to many docs and have had many tests. I have been diagnosed with chiari 1 after searching for 10 months to an answer to why I am ill.  Doctors are not very knowledgeable about chiari or csf leaks. So sad because they are disabling. Csf leak can absolutely cause brain sag mimicking Chiari Malformation. Doctors like to say that you can be born with it and it causes no symptoms. Wrong!!!! I also am going broke with tests. Have you saw a neuro surgeon?
  • Posted

Hi,

i would go see a neurosurgeon.  What State are u located in?  Also, checkout the Chiari sites on Facebook.  They have some very knowledgeable people out there.

Sorry, I'm not much help.  I can say the nerve damage can get worse. I'm in the end stage of this adventure.  I'm in bed with pain all over my body.  Please get another opinion.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.