Chiari

Posted , 5 users are following.

Does cspine mri without contrast saying mild sagging cerebral tonsils mean?  I've had history of back head pain ringing ear dizzy notcwell feeling pressure etc 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I would seek out a true chiari knowledgeable neurosurgeon. You also need an MRI of the brain...while spine really to check for syrinxes, TCS etc. Do yourself a favor, get checked by a chiari expert.

• Posted

It means you have chiari malformation have you seen a neuro surgeon yet?  With this condition it can be a very small hetniation and cause serious symptoms or it can be a large herniation and cause no symptoms. I had the decompression surgery in 2000 and was fine for 13 years some people have had second surgery I am not a canadate for s second as it poses more risk for me theirfor no dr is willing to do any more surgerys due to the many I've already had. I have so many weird symptoms I would have never guessed were from this it can cause so many wide spread symptoms I hope you are in with a surgeon and looking into your options. I wish you the best of luck I hope I was able to answer your question. God bless Stacey 

• Posted

Hi,

Get a cine MRI and determine if you have blocked csf flow.  If so you may need surgery.  Even if u have surgery doesn't mean symptoms will go away.  Chiari causes damage to just about all your body systems.  I'm presently in bed.  Still walking some.  Good luck to you.  

• Posted

I would really like to get sort it out as soon as possible..I know that most of health professionals would not like to perform decompression straight away they like to manage them with the medication - surgery is the last result, however with my own experience - if only I knew that decompressed had giving me a quality life back then I would have done it there and then instead of suffering for sometime
  • Posted

The thing about chiari is that surgery is the only real treatment. And it is not a cure, chiari is progressive. All the time you are compressed and your csf is blocked, damage is being done.
  • Posted

Hi Jay,

Just curiousity, had you had decopression? and is it still mess yours?, I thought by ging through the surgery, they sorted the blockaged once and for all

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.