Chiari malformation

Posted , 2 users are following.

My daughter was diagnosed with epilepsy at the age of 19 after MRI test showed cerbral tonsil or chiari malformation injuries from her seizure are terrible and it's effecting her life daily some forums say the condition and epilepsy are not related how can this be anyone have an answer plz

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hello,

There is not enough research on this condition to say that. I now have MS they found it after my decompression surgery. Anytime there is pressure on the brain there will be some kind of effect on the brain weather it is minimal or max. I would seek a Neurosurgeon that is more experienced in this Chiari issue. it is a rare brain disorder and no 1 person has the same effects from the brain damage that occur do to the Chiari. My surgeon is in fact experienced in this matter Dr. Piltcher of University of Rochester, NY head neurosurgeon and my condition has greatly improved. I also practice immune therapy to counteract the side effects of both the chiari and my MS. Adding supplements with definitely stimulate brain activity and improve her daily quality of life. Don't left any physician tell you how your feeling you tell him all of your symptom's and study your symptom's to narrow them down until you find the answer. I found that I need B vitamins so adding Biotin (b3 vitamin and b7 Niacin) have improved my sight, balance, brain functions, and my skin and nails are beautiful do to the supplements. Also exercise is essential but not to be overdone. I also am on a vitamin D supplement as well, and if she has pains then use vitamin C & large dose of Calcium, instead of taking a medication. Hope this helps.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.