Chiari malformation help

Posted , 7 users are following.

i had decompression surgery 3 years ago in september comen im not sure if its normal or not but i still get headaches everyday also the back of my head is very tender and a little sore even when i run my fingers thru my hair n touch my scalp. i feel tierd all the time i still take medication but tbh i lm not sure if it accually helps when i get sore head at night i cant take my medication as it keeps me awake so 6 out of 7 nights i goto bed with a sore head diferent from what it was before my operation now it just seems to be the right side like the temple and obviouspy the sore numb strang feeling at the back anyone else like had operation a couple years ago and have similar kind of symtoms?

1 like, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Leane73120

Think i responded to a post you made in the past.

Searching for more data as seeing decline in my health and increase in symptoms again and saw your post and thought how much it struck a chord with me.

I will be 3 years post decompression in August. The occipital headaches never left. Currently experiencing a flare up and that impacts fatigue. Strangely with increased fatigue have had massive problems with sleep where i wake up after few hours and then cant sleep again. I cant stay in bed so have to get up and read as my brain is at its worst when i havent got a distraction to focus on.

As an aside i have much worse nerve problems in feet primarily, and mental health state is absolutely shot through at the moment. Terrible decline in my relationship with my >20 year partner, who no longer asks how i feel in case i tell her.

Still have a job, but its had to change a lot. It takes me 2 hours longer to do it in lockdown from home.

Not taking medication, but absolutely open to any suggestions now.

Only wish you well / or at least improved at this time.

Stay Strong.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.