Chiari type 1 diagnosed

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi, I've just been diagnosed with chiari type 1 with syrinx after 21 mths of symptoms which were 1st treat as carpal tunnel progressing to possible disc herniation. My physio was actually the catalyst in my seeking other diagnosis as she didn't think my symptoms could fully be explained without MRI. Chiari presented along with syrinx at c5-c6. I've had MRI of head/neck/full spine recently and awaiting results. I feel symptoms are worsening re head pressure, clumsiness, neck pain, ear block and ringing. Just feel completely helpless

1 like, 58 replies

58 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Should ask the health care professionals expert on chiari to have decompression
  • Posted

Hi

The complaints that you have for me are very apparent, last year I had an mri scan, and there turned out I chiari malformation type 1 and 4 september last year I have a surgery and I am now still recovering.

• Posted

Hi, it seems you didn't have to wait too long between diagnosis and surgery compared to some people but that's very long recovery. Are you glad you went ahead with the surgery?

• Posted

Hi

With me everything went very fast, my doctor has put urgency behind, but the recovery does indeed very long.

I am pleased, though, that I've done the surgery.

• Posted

I was diagnosed with this syrinx on my spine 14 years ago. I am just now as I've almost a month ago been showing symptoms of Chiari malformation blurred vision extreme fatigue stuttering when I talk and excruciating headaches like my head is going to explode and the pain stems from the base of my head. I haven't been to the doctor and 14 years for this. But I think I'm going to go in. Because it feels like something is really wrong with me

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.