Chicken pox vaccine - titers negative

Posted , 3 users are following.

I really need some advice on this. I never got chicken pox as a kid. When I moved to the US, I had the varicella (2doses) shots. I volunteered at a hospital and thus was required to do some blood work. Found out that my titers results are negative for chicken pox. I took the shots again . I did some blood work last week to work at another hospital. Turns out that it's negative again. I am scheduled for 2 more shots this week. I am really curious about what's going on . I am 22 yrs old and not looking to get chicken pox as I grow older. I appreciate any information that you can provide.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Thank you for your post! Let's see if someone has similar experiences...

This confirms my doubts about this vaccine entirely.

Have you developed any chicken pox lesions at any time after receiving any of these rounds?

• Posted

Thanks for your reply. I did not receive any lesions after either treatment. Hoping someone can provide some insight .
  • Posted

It seems like there are some different possibilities:

1. The vaccines are not real

2. The vaccines are not generating an immune response because of how your body works or because you have a deficient immune system.

3. The varicella titer that you received at the lab was inaccurate. You can try retesting at a place like this to make sure: https://www.accesalabs.com/Varicella-Titer

4. You do have immunity but your body does not have varicella antibodies floating around like most people do when they are immune. However, if you are exposed to chicken pox at some point in the future, you will generate the appropriate immune response.

That's all I've got and good luck figuring it out

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.