Chickenpox at 25....what should I do?

Posted , 3 users are following.

So on Sunday I got a splitting headache but I thought it was because I took caffeine pills because I was soo tired. Then Sunday night I got bad fever and flush sweating (along with headaches and bodyaches). Thought it was a bad reaction to the caffeine pills. Tuesday I woke up covered in spots all over and it's getting worse. I am so miserable because they itch and sting so bad. I tried aqueous calamine, sudocren, virasoothe, and eurax. The only thing that's seems to ease it is standing in a cold shower, but I have a 3 year old to look after and don't have the time to do that all day. Anyone has any tips?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Monique.

Please let me know, that you okay.

What you need to do, if you haven't already is go to the doctor, or hospital, they will give you some antibiotics to clear up the infection.

See if you can get someone to get some oatmeal bath, this will sooth your skin and make you feel better, if you have trouble sleeping get some benadryl this will help you sleep.

Most important, try and keep yourself quarantined because you can infect others, as well as you will notice people will stare, some may even think that you have a STD and say something insulting to you, that happened to me at the hospital, where the doctor was so sure I had a STD, that she began asking me questions like, have you had sex, have you had anal sex, from there it got weird, and extremely uncomfortable.

So to save you that horrible experience from happening, cause people can and have judged it's just best to lay low until this clears up.

Please forgive me for not responding sooner, and let me know how you holding up.

• Posted

Hi William, if Monique has chicken pox, antibiotics will not touch it unfortunately as it is a virus. I assume she is getting over whatever it was now though.
  • Posted

Hi guys, thanks for the advice! I am over it right now. Went to the pharmacist and she gave me eurax which helped loads. Just left with scars now😂😂😂

• Posted

Monique,

Glad you doing better, regarding the scars, I goggled how to get rid of the scars.

There are many home remedies, and medicine you can use.

Sorry I was mistaken, a hospital would have put you on anti viral medication.

When I had it they gave me that and I used oatmeal baths, and within one month I was all cleared up.

Just thought you'd like to have some ideas how to get rid of the scar tissues.

• Posted

I was recommended bio oil for scars. It takes at least three months to have any effect though I was told. I have only recently started using it.
    • Posted

When I had chickenpox, they gave me anti virals which cleared me up in a month, no lasting scars.

Earlier today I goggled getting rid of the scars and they gave a lot of remedies and medicine ideas using things such as baking soda, honey, and other ideas.

I used oatmeal baths which soothes the skin.

Check out some of the information on the internet, some may work better, and or faster.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.