Child sick every day for 16 days

Posted , 6 users are following.

My 5 year old has been vomiting every day between the hours of 3pm-5pm for 16 days now. Before he gets sick he's hungry, wants to play and has energy but can then have a 4/5 hour episode of vomiting, first food then liquid in the evening. It starts with a pain behind his belly button.

The doctors are unsure what it is as it doesn't accurately fit into illnesses they know of. He's on Domperidone & Omeprezole, not much difference so far.

Has anyone else experienced anything similar? Would love to hear as we're going through hell with this and he's lost lots of weight, but luckily not dehydrated yet. Thank you!

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

I've no advice, but poor you and your family, I hope that the doctors are still doing checks and haven't given up. I hope he gets well soon, poor Wee soul
    • Posted

What's happening with the doctors? I've just thought about your little boy all night, I have a 3 year old grandson who is often sick when he has flu or virus' but everyday please let us know abba3
    • Posted

Thanks trish87499. Awaiting brain scan results, so will see what comes of that but really hope it's clear. Feel like we need to go private as we're getting nowhere after 3 weeks coming up to. Thank you for your concern x
  • Posted

Is it just at night time he experiences these problems or does he vomit during the day too?

Have any scans been done to check his abdomen?

What about his fluid intake? Is he drinking enough? Also has his diet changed in anyway? Ie different brand of milk, tried new foods etc?

Has he had a fever at all?

Poor little man, it breaks my heart to hear he's having such a poor time.

• Posted

Thank you for your reply, he experiences the stomach pain and sickness during the day mainly, starting from 3/4pm or so.

No scans been done on abdomen, may need to push for this next?

Scan been done on his brain today for second time, they did a contrast but haven't told us any more.

No fever and no change of diet. He's always been fine with milk but we're keeping him off it as the days we do he hasn't been sick - but has the tum pain.

Trying to give him water but he's bit fed up with it and losing his appetite at times.

Thanks x

• Posted

Hoping it gets sorted ASAP you poor family xxx
    • Posted

I think it would be a good shout to have a look at his abdomen to see if there is anything going on.. it does sound like acid reflux but of course you're saying the tablets don't seem to be doing much for him.

Have you tried giving him smaller meals but more frequently? Just to see if his tummy settles a little more with less in it?

Can the Dr prescribe anything for children specifically for tummy spasms?

• Posted

Hi, he's possibly got food allergies or intolerances. You should ask your GP for tests to be done. It can't be normal to have this sickness every day, the poor child could get dehydrated being sick every day. Has he been checked to see if he has an umbilical hernia or food poisoning like campylerbactor? There are loads of things it could be but more tests need to be done! The medications you mention can have side effects too. Push for tests to be done at a hospital. Best wishes, Pollyanna UK
    • Posted

Thanks Pollyanna, he's had blood tests, urine, stool sample, x-ray and 2 head scans, nothing so far but waiting for last scans results.

Don't think it's food poisoning, not sure about hernia but hasn't had one before but will ask.

I do worry about side effects of drugs but at moment feels we've no other choice ;(

Will mention intolerance tests, they've strangely never suggested it and one doc said she didn't think so. They did test celiac and it was negative. Thanks for your help x

• Posted

At least the doctors are taking tests and follow ups, they must know that what's happening is not normal, thinking of you all a lot xxxxx hope the wee soul starts to feel better soon, some answers would be good, just hang tight, you will get through this

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.