Child with LP

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi All,

My just turned 4 year old has recently been diagnosed with LP currently awaiting appointment for another round of steroid cream.

very rare in children so not a lot of information out there, so after any child friendly ideas to relief itching and help the process of healing. He fell over yesterday and took the top of a few of the blisters and they are red raw just need to try and get this process started quickly as possible.

Thanks in advance

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I have LPP (lichen planopilaris) which is a similar condition affecting the scalp. My Naturopath recommended "RED clover PLUS Salve" which I PURCHASED AT A HEALTH supplement store. mine has never developed to blisters, but it does relieve the itch and clears up the reddish brown patches on the back of my neck overnight or within a couple of days. i have started to try and rub it into my scalp a couple of times a week to try and reduce the redness and itch. BUT of COURSE I n eed to shampoo it out in the morning. i hope this helps your little one until you fnd a better alternative.

• Posted

So sorry to hear Rebecca.

Take it one step at a time. There are lots of medication choices out there. spray, creams, oil based cremes etc. Steroid cremes have a habit of drying the skin and or making it thinner. So its a balance we have to strike. For my lips the docs gave me a oil based preparation with 1 % methy prednisolone. It was good as with lesions on lips its very difficult to use any other preparation. I am much better and so don't use the lip creme any more. Also you scar a lot when you have this condition. Usually you heal with out a scar. I would not use anything that dries the skin. A lot of products out there just suck the oil and other protective skin oils, which we then replace with expensive moisturisers or emulsions.

Avoid any stressors I suppose.

Cheers,

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.